• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jim Leavitt Could Coach Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Are there not any programs out there built from young, defensive coordinators? That's where we, ARGUABLY, have had the most sustained "success" ..... or is that just not done any more.

I’m sure there are, however it seems offenses have evolved and gotten the better of defenses.  Even Alabama has evolved into more of a spread.  Besides high scoring high octane offenses are exciting and may put more butts in the seats.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Bring in Steve Spurrier. He has won at every level. He would be a better Mack Brown than Mack Brown

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, TyBull said:

Bring in Steve Spurrier. He has won at every level. He would be a better Mack Brown than Mack Brown

He would run KBs offense because in reality it’s mostly Spurriers fun n gun.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, TyBull said:

He has the same offense as KB

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Bring in Steve Spurrier. He has won at every level. He would be a better Mack Brown than Mack Brown.

Yes KB has elements of Steve Spurriers offense. But think of recruiting. He has coached in the pros and has won a National Championship. He has always recruited Florida well. At his age he is the team CEO. He brings the coordinators and then turns over the reigns to the best up and comer. I know, nice dream

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,343
  • Days Won:  43

17 minutes ago, TyBull said:

That would be interesting. KB as OC. CS as DC and Steve Spurrior as HC

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How many of “the fanbase” did your poll consist of?

A large number. If you doubt it start a poll and watch the results.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How many Conference Trophies did win while driving his “muscle car”?

How many conference championships have Florida, Michigan, Iowa and Texas A&M had the last 15 years? Wouldn't you consider those successful programs? Of couse, they are ranked every year and have major bowl wins. 

I know some of you dont like Jim, but this is the bottom line: Jim Leavitt exceeded any realistic expectations while coaching at USF. Expecting more was only possible because he did so much so fast. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

That would be interesting. KB as OC. CS as DC and Steve Spurrior as HC

The dream team? I wonder if CS still has it in him to be a DC. Not that it will ever happen, but man, how crazy would it be to actually get Spurrier. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I have enjoyed reading this thread. I often wonder how much of Jim Levitt's success was right place right time, and how much was of his own merit. Take the year we rose to #2 in the nation,  we honestly took advantage of a flaw in the system. We weren't deserving of the #2 ranking and got exposed shortly after. 

How much of the nostalgia is because we were in what was affectionately known as "the big least?" We had a regular opportunity to play storied programs who got the benefit of name recognition in the polls. 

I love USF and my family loves USF, but in hindsight we never beat a storied program when they were firing on all cylinders. So it confuses me when fellow Bulls fans want to live and die by XCJL.

Saying they "wouldn't care if we ever won a conference championship as long as he came back." What would be the point of him coming back if we would be in the same place we're in now? We're just not good enough. 

The level of competition has gone up and we are in a down year/cycle. Quinton Flowers is a hard dude to replace. The Florida Gulf Coast offense is a hard thing to replace. Hate it or love it but XCWT is a hard guy to replace as well. 

If XCWT's story and success have a huge BUT/* next to it, why do some of you give Xcjl undying support when his results were no different, with the exception of falling up in the polls one year, what was XCJL except for our first football love?

I was a student when he was here so I wasn't privy to all of the insider knowledge of his personality flaws and such,  but if that's true, what on field success has he had that's worth that? Football ha's it's natural ups and downs, this team has life,  it's just struggling to compete while going through a growing phase.

Ucf has had some good luck recently and it sucks because it's lined up with our bad luck. But soon my fellow bulls will see and remember that the golden hue you see over the horizon isn't sunshine, it's the light reflecting off of their golden showers. They will suck again,  and honestly, they probably do already. Their suck had just been masked by high powered offense... Either way,  i wish XCJL the best just like I wish XCWT the best. 

*Please forgive the potential rambling. I'm suffering from insomnia lol