• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB Competition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

You are the god among the peasants...without your presence we are worthless particles flying through the wind. Your not only inspire us but you make us better human beings.......feel better? 

That’s the second upvote I tried to give you in the last five minutes but I wasted my last one on @JTrue, I like when people embrace who they are. I think my two days of fighting with him have really stepped up his posts again from the poop jokes he had painted himself into a corner with. Though he will never say it I know he thanks me.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That’s the second upvote I tried to give you in the last five minutes but I wasted my last one on @JTrue, I like when people embrace who they are. I think my two days of fighting with him have really stepped up his posts again from the poop jokes he had painted himself into a corner with. Though he will never say it I know he thanks me.

Weird. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Weird. 

Yes indeed, this thread got weird.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I know my poop and I would never paint myself into a corner with it. Poop Club rule #1, always have an escape route.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I know my poop and I would never paint myself into a corner with it. Poop Club rule #1, always have an escape route.

Smart 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

LMAO at the professor...we say **** like that all the time...usually the kid graduates and no one remembers...but not you! Well done Frisco. We should hunt that guy down and call him out😂😂

I have a sick memory unless I am drunk, then I don’t remember shat.  You running a 48 sec 400 is very impressive, rock chalk Jayhawks ,  your nephew playing football as a freshman  at GSU is good stuff too.   You are a Rams fan, growing up in GA, lived  At USF at Fontana Hall and beta hall . UNH business professor. So I say the man made climate change is crap, climate will change as always but we can’t control the world for the small effect we have on the universe.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I have a sick memory unless I am drunk, then I don’t remember shat.  You running a 48 sec 400 is very impressive, rock chalk Jayhawks ,  your nephew playing football as a freshman  at GSU is good stuff too.   You are a Rams fan, growing up in GA, lived  At USF at Fontana Hall and beta hall . UNH business professor. So I say the man made climate change is crap, climate will change as always but we can’t control the world for the small effect we have on the universe.

**** son you got my bio down. I am with you on climate change. The problem is that there is little evidence historically that shows we are in the middle of an  anomaly from thousands of years in time. At the same time I do support pollution control but primarily because  I don’t want to breath, drink, or eat lunch that **** as it interferes with my outdoor activities. I suspect you and I are more similar than different on many political/social topics. But in the end who gives a ****? Right? I am more worried about finally getting a win from this crapfest football season. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I keep seeing in various places that the staff needs to hand over the keys to McCloud because he’s a better dual threat option. While I agree that McCloud is the best option available, I’m not sure that it’s simply because he’s a better dual threat option. In fact, I actually see this as the opposite. 

While not your prototypical, explosive dual threat QB, Blake has shown the ability to make plays with his legs outside of the pocket. The problem is, he has lacked the consistency to make plays with his arm. We’ve already covered his inability to read coverages and pocket presence. Meanwhile, McCloud has looked much more comfortable in the pocket (when given) and has shown the ability to progress through multiple reads. Again, small sample size, but he has also shown solid accuracy, ability to use touch, and shows more poise in general. 

I understand that we are working with a small sample size, but at the moment I would label BB as the “dual threat option”, with McCloud being the better pocket passer. This doesn’t mean McCloud doesn’t offer the ability to pick up yards with his legs, but he looks more comfortable in the pocket than BB ever has since he arrived on campus. 

If this staff chooses to go with BB as the starter, even in a split series type scenario, this will be yet another indictment of CCS personnel decisions. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

55 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I keep seeing in various places that the staff needs to hand over the keys to McCloud because he’s a better dual threat option. While I agree that McCloud is the best option available, I’m not sure that it’s simply because he’s a better dual threat option. In fact, I actually see this as the opposite. 

I mean, I kind of just want him to start because we’ve looked like a better football team with him leading the offense. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, IBulleve said:

While not your prototypical, explosive dual threat QB, Blake has shown the ability to make plays with his legs outside of the pocket. The problem is, he has lacked the consistency to make plays with his arm. We’ve already covered his inability to read coverages and pocket presence. Meanwhile, McCloud has looked much more comfortable in the pocket (when given) and has shown the ability to progress through multiple reads. Again, small sample size, but he has also shown solid accuracy, ability to use touch, and shows more poise in general. 

I understand that we are working with a small sample size, but at the moment I would label BB as the “dual threat option”, with McCloud being the better pocket passer. This doesn’t mean McCloud doesn’t offer the ability to pick up yards with his legs, but he looks more comfortable in the pocket than BB ever has since he arrived on campus. 

If this staff chooses to go with BB as the starter, even in a split series type scenario, this will be yet another indictment of CCS personnel decisions. 

He is and we will see Blake for at least another game (maybe more)  after this week because we should be able to win this on talent and depth alone.  This will give CCS the justification that the offense has progressed and it's close to fulfilling his potential so BB stays the starter.   I can see a scenario where the change isn't made until BYU and McCloud is only starting because CCS is desperately trying to save his job.   The SMU and UConn stretch before BYU is basically the Tulsa and Uconn stretch from last season and we had to sneak by those bad and in UConn's case atrocious football teams.   I don't think we have it in us to do that if those games are close this season.  The team's psyche is damaged by this losing streak IMO.  

5 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I mean, I kind of just want him to start because we’ve looked like a better football team with him leading the offense. 

This.  The energy is different 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1