• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wisconsin @ USF Questions from a Wisconsin Student

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Oh, and Ryan, use lots of sunscreen.  I was born and raised in NY and this southern sun loves Yankee skin.  SPF 10,000 should do it.  Nothing like getting wasted on the beach and falling asleep in the sun for about two hours...🥵

Will do, I use high SPF all the time if Im out in the sun, I'm surprisingly tan for being from Wisconsin, but IDK how tan I am compared to Floridians

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Um... 2001 and Mons? 

AND, a Publix sub sandwich.

I was at the Wisconsin game. Went to the Brat Spot. The House on the Rock. Had some Spotted Cow beers outside Camp Randall. It was the best gameday atmosphere, tradition-wise, I've ever been to. It took a while for the students to wake up and fill up their section for a noon game. But by halftime the joint was rocking. I still get queasy when I hear the name Melvin Gordon. He ran us over like a runaway milk truck. 

Edited by Bullschmutz

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Bullschmutz said:

Um... 2001 and Mons? 

Stop it!  We're trying to appear kulchurred.  Besides, those are the Heinz 57 of topless bars.  57 varieties of infections!  I put on a condom when I have to just drive by those places.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

West Tampa Sandwich shop had the best Cubans in Tampa.  Good enough for Obama to stop by for lunch while he was president and visiting Tampa.  I've eaten at all 5 of the top contenders and WTSS is the clear winner.  Columbia in ybor is a good option too, mainly for the atmosphere.  

Ybor, and Sparkman wharf for nightlife.  A free trolley travels between those two night spots.  10-15 min ride.  

About an hour north of Clearwater is Weeki Wachee Springs.  Beautiful, Crystal clear water, very refreshing that time of year.  You can rent kayaks, paddle down river and then be driven back to your car up river.  Definitely wortwhile.  

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, Ryan said:
  1. How is the tailgate scene at USF? (Just asking, cause us Sconnies are heavy drinkers, unless its budweiser --- EW.)

2. Wheres the best place to go for nightlife? Ybor or tampa? (if it helps, I'm in ΠΚΑ at Sconnie.)

3. What's the best beach?

4. Best place to get a cuban sandwich and any florida specific cuisine I should try while I'm here?

1. Tailgate scene can be whatever you make it. There are family friendly tailgates and more wild "party" tailgates. My tailgate is typically the latter. I would have your chapter President reach out to USF's Pike chapter and see if they would be interested in a joint tailgate. If not, and you're looking for a party, just find the person playing the loudest music haha. Historically, the south side of the stadium (lot 6 side) has been more family friendly while north side of the stadium (lot 4) is rowdier, since the student section is on that side.

2. Depends on what type of nightlife you are looking for. Soho is a popular spot for college age and young professionals. Features 5 or 6 large bars all within half a mile of each other (Macdintons, Yard of Ale, Soho Saloon, Hyde Park cafe, dubliner, and world of beer are some of the more popular ones). A lot of the fraternities and sororities from USF and from UT (University of Tampa) frequent the bars there. Macdintons does happy hour (all you can drink for $10) from 6-8 and again 8-10 on Fridays. So $20 and you can get hammered for 4 hours.

Another popular spot for young professionals and college kids is downtown tampa. There is Franklin Manor, American Social, Jacksons, Gen X bar, sparkman wharf, armature works, and a couple other bars and rent-able electric scooters to get you from bar to bar. More popular with young professionals because it can get pricey at those bars. 

Ybor is also a popular nightlife area, but I do not personally spend much time there and don't know too much about it. I know a lot of people active in the EDM scene hang out there. 

If you are into Country bars, check out Dallas Bull. It is probably the largest bar in the area. First floor is country music and has 4 bars, pool tables, line dancing, etc. Second floor has 2 bars and plays top 40/dance. They have ladies/college night on Thursdays and all you can drink wells/beer on Saturdays for $15. Saturday is by far their busiest night. 

Last place for nightlife is Downtown st. Pete. There are too many bars to mention all jammed into one block. Some of the best ones (in my opinion) are Parks and Rec, Macdintons, yard of ale, five bucks drinkery, one night stand, and 260 first. There is also a rooftop bar called the canopy. 

3. Again, depends on what type of beach you are looking for. If you are looking for touristy/family friendly, go to Clearwater beach (pier 60). If you are looking for quiet and relaxing, check out indian rocks beach, madiera beach, or reddington beach. If you are looking for a party, check out St. Pete beach (specifically Post Card Inn, known as PCI or cheek city).

4. Gotta get yourself a pub sub from Publix haha.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

@Ryan if you want craft beers... http://thebrewerybay.com/

And then there's this... https://www.uber.com/global/en/cities/tampa/

Uber into the game is easy. After the game will take at least an hour.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, Ryan said:

1. Best place to get a cuban sandwich and any florida specific cuisine I should try while I'm here?

Mary’s Coin Laundry on SW 27th ave in Miami

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Just went through this thread and, going back to the first page videos, it brings back memories of our visit up there. A good road trip even with the loss.

And your fans will feel right at home with the red seats.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, George Jenkins said:

Mary’s Coin Laundry on SW 27th ave in Miami

Miami doesn't make real Cuban sandwiches.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

15 hours ago, Ryan said:

Thanks for the help, I love craft breweries and everything you said sounds good, thanks and good luck this season

I would encourage you to look into the Brew Bus if you are in to breweries. It is cheap and will get you around safely to various bars and breweries. There are different tours/routes on Saturday and Sunday. Because the game is Friday night, that won't be an option. Here is a link: https://brewbususa.com/public-bus-tours/#specialty-tours