• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Wisconsin @ USF Questions from a Wisconsin Student

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Dear bullspen,

I'm a student at Wisconsin in my second year and I'm coming down for the game and first of all, good luck to your team in the game and the season.  I'll be here from August 27-31, what are the best things I should see? (I love rollercoasters, kayaking, hockey, nature trails, new food places, and art/history museums, and getting drunk and having a good time is a plus.)

1. How is the tailgate scene at USF? (Just asking, cause us Sconnies are heavy drinkers, unless its budweiser --- EW.)

2. Wheres the best place to go for nightlife? Ybor or tampa? (if it helps, I'm in ΠΚΑ at Sconnie.)

3. What's the best beach?

4. Best place to get a cuban sandwich and any florida specific cuisine I should try while I'm here?

Good luck to you and your team and I'll see y'all in a month PS: feel free to stop by where I'm tailgating, gonna have all Wisconsin food and good Miller beer.

PS, thanks for any help oh and to cap this topic off so y'all don't hate me for coming here .... **** UCF

• Upvote 3

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Dear bullspen,

I'm a student at Wisconsin in my second year and I'm coming down for the game and first of all, good luck to your team in the game and the season.  I'll be here from August 27-31, what are the best things I should see? (I love rollercoasters, kayaking, hockey, nature trails, new food places, and art/history museums, and getting drunk and having a good time is a plus.)

1. How is the tailgate scene at USF? (Just asking, cause us Sconnies are heavy drinkers, unless its budweiser --- EW.)

2. Wheres the best place to go for nightlife? Ybor or tampa? (if it helps, I'm in ΠΚΑ at Sconnie.)

3. What's the best beach?

4. Best place to get a cuban sandwich and any florida specific cuisine I should try while I'm here?

Good luck to you and your team and I'll see y'all in a month PS: feel free to stop by where I'm tailgating, gonna have all Wisconsin food and good Miller beer.

PS, thanks for any help oh and to cap this topic off so y'all don't hate me for coming here .... **** UCF

I'll let most other people chime in, but if you love Roller Coasters then Busch Gardens is the place for you.  They have a variety of really coasters that yo!u will enjoy,  Try to go on a weekday not as busy as weekend.....although it is Summer Break so its always busy.

Both Ybor City and downtown Tampa River Walk have a lot of options and fun night life.

I'm sure here will be a lot of other people that give you all the info you are looking for.

I'm not going to give any good vibes to your team, because I want the Bulls to win.  But thanks for dropping in and hope you enjoy your stay (not the game).  This is a great place to live and play.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  10

Welcome, Ryan.  I live too far from Tampa to be any more help than to encourage you to eat as much Cuban food as you like in the short time you are here.  I remember the Columbian in Ybor  was good but, as with any city, the really good ones are hole in the walls.  I love picadilla.  Keep checking us out as I am sure that some posters on here would like to get your take on your team this year and will have some good suggestions for you.  I hope you enjoy your time in Tampa.

• Like 1

Guest Jonesy Bull

BTW, I love that "Jump Around" thing that the Student Section does once a game - I think after the 1st or 3rd quarter break?

Anyway, seen it on YouTube a few times and looks like a lot of fun.  One of the cooler traditions in college football....Also heard Madison is a really cool fun town.  Hopefully will be able to make the trip in the return game up there (I'm assuming there is one).

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

BTW, I love that "Jump Around" thing that the Student Section does once a game - I think after the 1st or 3rd quarter break?

Anyway, seen it on YouTube a few times and looks like a lot of fun.  One of the cooler traditions in college football....Also heard Madison is a really cool fun town.  Hopefully will be able to make the trip in the return game up there (I'm assuming there is one).

Yeah, it's after the 3rd quarter.  We've got 3 big traditions I'll show you videos 

1. Jump around which is self explanatory 

2. Rivalry Student section chant(Divides the student section in half)*This one is very vulgar btw*

3. The student section singing Build me up Buttercup 

Guest Jonesy Bull

OK, don't make me start liking you just because your fan base does cool stuff. 

Seriously though, it looks like you all have a really good time at the games.  Must be all the Beer that they produce in Wisky land!

Lol, yeah it's definitely the beer.  I'm from Wisconsin so, kill people with kindness is my thing along with a lil bit of passive aggressiveness and "ya you betcha" :P

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

If you like drinking then the Tampa area is a good place to be. A ton of craft breweries. Plus the Yuengling factory is in Tampa right next to Busch Gardens. Downtown St. Petersburg has a high concentration of really good breweries and museums. Plus it's closer to the beaches.

Fort Desoto, Bean Point on Anna Maria Island, and Clearwater Beach are the top beaches. John's Pass is a but touristy but there are a lot of shops, good restaurants, a brewery, and great views. 

You can find good Cuban sandwiches all over. Seafood is something you gotta eat while you're down here too. 

The tailgate atmosphere should be good vs you guys. Our fanbase is pretty laid back and welcoming. Lots 3 & 4 are where the students generally are and the more party-like atmosphere.

Hope some of this info helps! 

1 minute ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

If you like drinking then the Tampa area is a good place to be. A ton of craft breweries. Plus the Yuengling factory is in Tampa right next to Busch Gardens. Downtown St. Petersburg has a high concentration of really good breweries and museums. Plus it's closer to the beaches.

Fort Desoto, Bean Point on Anna Maria Island, and Clearwater Beach are the top beaches. John's Pass is a but touristy but there are a lot of shops, good restaurants, a brewery, and great views. 

You can find good Cuban sandwiches all over. Seafood is something you gotta eat while you're down here too. 

The tailgate atmosphere should be good vs you guys. Our fanbase is pretty laid back and welcoming. Lots 3 & 4 are where the students generally are and the more party-like atmosphere.

Hope some of this info helps! 

Thanks for the help, I love craft breweries and everything you said sounds good, thanks and good luck this season

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Lol, yeah it's definitely the beer.  I'm from Wisconsin so, kill people with kindness is my thing along with a lil bit of passive aggressiveness and "ya you betcha" :P

Try to lose the "passive aggressiveness"......that doesn't do yourself or anybody else any good.