• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wisconsin @ USF Questions from a Wisconsin Student

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,442
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The Columbian is a very cool place to see.  The food, other than the salad, is just - meh.  Go there to have a drink at the bar, walk around the place and take in all the cool tile work.  Then go to some of the other places that have been recommended to get your Cuban food fill.  Just MHO.

Ah Ricky, if you can't enjoy a nice ropa vieja or snapper Alicante with a gazpacho bloody mary there is little hope for you.  There is always Columbia's downtown sister, Ulele.

To our out of town Wiscy guest there is so much to enjoy in the Tampa Bay area you can't go wrong.  I just hope you don't enjoy the game too much!

• Like 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I can't add to anything already recommended.

Since my wife requires ADA seating, we were seated behind the student section in 2014. That was interesting; the way the students entered and exited the stadium, the multi-speed wave, the ES-FU chant, the post game show from the band, not to mention the jump around. It was all great. The way the cops treated the students caught me a little off guard, though. 

Also, I had the best post game experience of any road game we've been to.  

Why do I think it's going to be difficult to get cheese curds at Culver's for my tailgate on game day?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, swamprat said:

I can't add to anything already recommended.

Since my wife requires ADA seating, we were seated behind the student section in 2014. That was interesting; the way the students entered and exited the stadium, the multi-speed wave, the ES-FU chant, the post game show from the band, not to mention the jump around. It was all great. The way the cops treated the students caught me a little off guard, though. 

Also, I had the best post game experience of any road game we've been to.  

Why do I think it's going to be difficult to get cheese curds at Culver's for my tailgate on game day?

Yeah, not to toot my horn but for sure our student section is great, it's where I am every game ... on the FU side ;) .  If you can't get cheese curds at Culvers let me know.  I'll have fried cheese curds from Culvers at my tailgate as well as unfried fresh cheese curds straight from Wisconsin Dairy farm.  

That goes for anyone btw, if you want cheese curds.  And if you aren't used to a cheesy diet like us Sconnies, either eat moderately or bring some pepto bismol :P 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Ah Ricky, if you can't enjoy a nice ropa vieja or snapper Alicante with a gazpacho bloody mary there is little hope for you.  There is always Columbia's downtown sister, Ulele.

To our out of town Wiscy guest there is so much to enjoy in the Tampa Bay area you can't go wrong.  I just hope you don't enjoy the game too much!

I enjoy that stuff. Just don't think Columbia has the best.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

That kid is really good BUT I am blown away at the size of the holes the O-Line opened for him....amazing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

40 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

That kid is really good BUT I am blown away at the size of the holes the O-Line opened for him....amazing.

Not to mention the terrible angles taken by both LBs and DBs. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Not to mention the breakaway speed.  We'll see if Florida speed is equal to or better than Wisc speed.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,586
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Not to mention the breakaway speed.  We'll see if Florida speed is equal to or better than Wisc speed.  

Actually, it will be a comparison of New Jersey speed to Florida speed ...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Can you imagine if you gave Marlon Mack that O-line he would put up some crazy numbers.

No doubt Taylor is a great back...hoping that since Wisconsin loses most of the starters from last year on O-line they have some drop off atleast at the start of the season. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Like 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Can you imagine if you gave Marlon Mack that O-line he would put up some crazy numbers.

No doubt Taylor is a great back...hoping that since Wisconsin loses most of the starters from last year on O-line they have some drop off atleast at the start of the season. 

Dont mean to rain on your parade, but Wisconsin has a lot of depth going into this season, really good recruiting too.