• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wisconsin @ USF Questions from a Wisconsin Student

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

32 minutes ago, Ryan said:

No, sorry buddy, that is a little bit too thick for my taste, also I've been with my girlfriend now for just over a year and I'm happy.

You passed the test! 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, jchem1995 said:

You passed the test! 

Great! :) Celebration drinks when I get down there.  I'm like half Irish and half Russian, so I'll brink some Guinness and Vodka.  And of course Miller, can't betray my people.

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 hours ago, Ryan said:

I promise if y'all play Jump Around for the game August 30th, we'll be makin that end of the stadium shake :P

Nah lets not do that.  We definitely don't need to give the Whisky players any added motivation.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Nah lets not do that.  We definitely don't need to give the Whisky players any added motivation.

Play it during warmups?  Or outside at the tailgate?  ;)   

Does USF have any specific song/music traditions?  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Craft Beer: Cigar City Brewery, far  above average taste than other craft breweries. 

Nightlife and brunch/lunch: “Soho” aka S. Howard Ave.

Popular Soho bars: Yard house, McDentons, World of Beer

Favorite Food: The Green Lemon (also on Soho). 

Soho are is a lot nicer than Ybor. Ybor is dirtier and higher crime area at night, a little bit of a New Orleans vibe. Both are good areas for grabbing lunch during the day, but I think most students prefer the soho area bars at night. 

Soho is a very popular bar spot for USF students, young crowd there, mostly young professionals and students at night, lots of good food places for brunch and lunch during the day for family and friends. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

18 hours ago, Ryan said:

Dear bullspen,

I'm a student at Wisconsin in my second year and I'm coming down for the game and first of all, good luck to your team in the game and the season.  I'll be here from August 27-31, what are the best things I should see? (I love rollercoasters, kayaking, hockey, nature trails, new food places, and art/history museums, and getting drunk and having a good time is a plus.)

1. How is the tailgate scene at USF? (Just asking, cause us Sconnies are heavy drinkers, unless its budweiser --- EW.)

2. Wheres the best place to go for nightlife? Ybor or tampa? (if it helps, I'm in ΠΚΑ at Sconnie.)

3. What's the best beach?

4. Best place to get a cuban sandwich and any florida specific cuisine I should try while I'm here?

Good luck to you and your team and I'll see y'all in a month PS: feel free to stop by where I'm tailgating, gonna have all Wisconsin food and good Miller beer.

PS, thanks for any help oh and to cap this topic off so y'all don't hate me for coming here .... **** UCF

If you like art/museums, the Dali Museum in St. Pete is fantastic. Especially the docent tour that was being done every half hour when I went there that explained the works and showed you what he hid in all of them.

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If you like art/museums, the Dali Museum in St. Pete is fantastic. Especially the docent tour that was being done every half hour when I went there that explained the works and showed you what he hid in all of them.

Oooh that sounds fun, I love art and Dali was such a master mind, thank you.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

50 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Our fans show up late to the stadium.  Does that count?  :guinness:

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Our fans show up late to the stadium.  Does that count?  :guinness:

Yeah that counts, our student section shows up late sometimes.  I've been guilty of showing up at halftime twice due to exams

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

We have a first down cheer but usually the PA announcer talks over it.  Oh and we have a very cringey announcer when the band is on the field in pre-game.  We try to not die inside during that part.  Our traditions took a hit during the "Holtz New Era" and reached peak irony during the Willie Taggart driving a bus and #dosomething era.

You'll have fun down in Tampa!  Definitely hit Clearwater beach, get some legit Cuban food, and drinks!  I am a fan of the Riverwalk area, and someone else mentioned downtown St. Petersburg.  Definitely enjoy yourself to the max and get some sun.  And yeah there usually isn't a cool day in Tampa unless it is winter time...