• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye bye Sterlin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

48 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Funny everyone blames Gilbert. Prior to going under Strong's helm, Gilbert's offenses were consistently among the best in the nation (minus one season where he was a co-OC and his team finished 41st in the nation under a backup QB). 

I am not so sure about this. I went back and looked at Gilbert's college career coaching and those 3 season's of success (2012-2014 at Eastern Illinois and Bowling Green) were under HC Dino Babers. His only season without Babers and CCS was 2015 at Tulsa. 

I suspect Babers was still calling the plays. If you look at that Tulsa team that went 6-7, they were average. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat and lost to the better teams. Same with the 2016 UT team. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I hope so too, but Charlie has said on numerous occasions our offense moved faster than he preferred and wanted to slow it down. I am glad SG is gone, but evidence points that he may have been taking orders from above.

10 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I see your point. That quote still makes me laugh. 

I don’t believe this move is a fix all given the conservative mentality in game/clock management, but I do think the new OC will have more flexibility in running the show on their side of the ball

You guys need to pay attention.  Charlie's always wanted a wide open offensive attack, he just keeps forgetting to ask his OC's that question in the interview so he gets stuck with drab, conservative play callers over and over.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679

1 minute ago, usf97 said:

I am not so sure about this. I went back and looked at Gilbert's college career coaching and those 3 season's of success (2012-2014 at Eastern Illinois and Bowling Green) were under HC Dino Babers. His only season without Babers and CCS was 2015 at Tulsa. 

I suspect Babers was still calling the plays. If you look at that Tulsa team that went 6-7, they were average. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat and lost to the better teams. Same with the 2016 UT team. 

That Tulsa offense was ranked in the top 25, they just couldn't stop anyone. But as pointed out he had Phillip Montgomery to lean on there. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

You'd lose your minds if USF gave Gilbert a pay raise to stay..... 😂  Let's send McNeese a gift basket for the holidays.  It's the least we can do.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

That Tulsa offense was ranked in the top 25, they just couldn't stop anyone. But as pointed out he had Phillip Montgomery to lean on there. 

but wait!!  Phillip Montgomery had only been OC under Art Briles, so clearly none of his OC experience and success should count either.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Geeezzz, I went to bathroom to take a Sterlin only to come back to see that he gone...

Both of them?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679

8 minutes ago, slowdown said:

but wait!!  Phillip Montgomery had only been OC under Art Briles, so clearly none of his OC experience and success should count either.  

I didn't follow Montgomery's move to to Tulas but I'm sure there were questions on how that would go without Art, he proved he could be good those first two years, this year they had QB issues. I think Gilbert's move to Texas showed that when he was the full time play caller, the offense got predictable in certain situations and that he probably needs an offensive minded HC that can help him, instead of one that just hands him the reins. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

I kept thinking, McNeese State..McNeese State?? Why does that stick in my mind??   2013 McNeese State 53- USF 21

That was Humiliating...

This has prob already been mentioned but hell theres 15 pages on this topic with very few pictures so....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I kept thinking, McNeese State..McNeese State?? Why does that stick in my mind??

I may have to question your USF fandom.There are few unforgettable games indelibly burned into most Bulls fans brains. Auburn, WVU and McNeese State are in the top 5 ....