• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye bye Sterlin!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

I just read on the internets that McNeese was part of the Louisiana purchase.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

McNeese is in Louisiana, interesting factoid, the back up QB is Ed Orgeron's son  

Edit: I saw this on an espn special and when I looked it up just now I saw that he also has a twin brother who is Wide receiver for the cowboys. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty hard to fly to whatever state McNeese is in during an active recruiting period and not have your boss know about it.  Maybe they just used Google Duo.  

Assuming during recruiting period he has zero days off how hard is it for the McNeese state decision makers to travel undetected? Perhaps they all colluded to save Gilbert face and to save us a buyout but it’s not unlikely that the whole thing is just a happy accident. Our old OC seems more like an FU give me my buyout kind of guy than a please sir can I stay on until I sign on elsewhere and save you a buyout kind of guy, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

McNeese is in Louisiana, interesting factoid, the  the back up QB is Ed Orgeron's son  

Surprised they couldn't entice papa Orgeron to come coach his son at McNeese.  

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think most of the times I was looking at other employment I didn’t tell my current company until I was ready to leave or renegotiate. Maybe they were all strategizing together on his exit or everyone acted independently and it just happened to come together in different interests.

There was an episode of The Office where the other employees shopped Dwight's resume around behind his back. So, maybe USF admin are fans of the show.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,456
  • Days Won:  25

No the real question is will the new OC be allowed to open up the playbook or was it Charlie's plan all along to run up the middle? Gilbert may have been serving his master...

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Surprised they couldn't entice papa Orgeron to come coach his son at McNeese.  

maybe they did and got this response 

Image result for Ed orgeron go tigahs

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Assuming during recruiting period he has zero days off how hard is it for the McNeese state decision makers to travel undetected? Perhaps they all colluded to save Gilbert face and to save us a buyout but it’s not unlikely that the whole thing is just a happy accident. Our old OC seems more like an FU give me my buyout kind of guy than a please sir can I stay on until I sign on elsewhere and save you a buyout kind of guy, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Pretty sure these guys don't take days off especially since the dark period is shortly after early signing day (at least if my memory is working today. Always a chance it isn't).  The coaches I've spoken with re: recruiting make it seem like it a non stop effort and certain times of the year.  Now if we were recruiting someone in Louisiana..........  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

No the real question is will the new OC be allowed to open up the playbook or was it Charlie's plan all along to run up the middle? Gilbert may have been serving his master...

I agree that the new hire is as important as getting rid of SG. To the point of him serving his master....unless CCS told him not to watch any film on the most explosive offense in program history, I have my relative doubts on this theory

Just now, IBulleve said:

I agree that the new hire is as important as getting rid of SG. To the point of him serving his master....unless CCS told him not to watch any film on the most explosive offense in program history, I have my relative doubts on this theory

Every piece of quantifiable data screams against it, but that doesn't seem to matter to some.