• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye bye Sterlin!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, AstoriaBullsFan said:

It goes back to the same source and JK tried to get another ....

Football Scoop reported the hiring Wednesday, but USF sports-information officials couldn't confirm it. McNeese State's sports-information officials didn't immediately respond to a text message.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

37 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Except.... what if no one hires him which was equally probable. Then do you pull the trigger based on other’s inaction? At what point is it calculated safe to freely act as you don’t believe anyone will be acting for you? Does that not limit your options moving forward? 

So you think McNeese State called him this morning and said "Hey, we need a coach. We think you are the right guy?"  More likely that this has been going on since McNeese lost their coach (or fired him don't know what happened to the last guy).  So VPofA and CCS let it play out.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Exactly.  It remains to be seen.  However Charlie did basically say he doesn't call the plays after one of the losses.  If he is hands off, maybe he can shake up his philosophy.  I think some more experience on the defensive side of the ball will come along, but we need more wrinkles on offense.  

Red Zone was also a particular concern at the end of the year.  No creativity, just run up the middle and kick a FG or turn it over.  Think of how quickly this stuff could turn around.

Yeah, a lot of this was being utterly predictable in key situations and only attacking two portions of the field consistently (inside the tackles running the ball and outside the hashes when passing).  Add only running things like screens, passes up the seam, outside runs, etc like 1-2 times every few games and we can give the offense a face lift pretty easily.   We have some of the plays we need in the "playbook" we just rarely broke them out... 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

So you think McNeese State called him this morning and said "Hey, we need a coach. We think you are the right guy?"  More likely that this has been going on since McNeese lost their coach (or fired him don't know what happened to the last guy).  So VPofA and CCS let it play out.

I think most of the times I was looking at other employment I didn’t tell my current company until I was ready to leave or renegotiate. Maybe they were all strategizing together on his exit or everyone acted independently and it just happened to come together in different interests.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

More likely that this has been going on since McNeese lost their coach (or fired him don't know what happened to the last guy).  So VPofA and CCS let it play out.

I'd say this is the highly probable scenario

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think most of the times I was looking at other employment I didn’t tell my current company until I was ready to leave or renegotiate. Maybe they were all strategizing together on his exit or everyone acted independently and it just happened to come together in different interests.

Pretty hard to fly to whatever state McNeese is in during an active recruiting period and not have your boss know about it.  Maybe they just used Google Duo.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,047
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, CousinRicky said:

whatever state McNeese is in

McNeese is in McNeese State.

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

McNeese is in McNeese State.

As Billy Joel once said, I'm in a McNeese State of mind.