• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas Tech Wants Mike Leach Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

USF is in the state of Florida. I dont think Taggart or Strong would of had a hard time recruiting BCS talent right away.  And hell, after 5 CJL recruiting years later, I dont remember Holtz having that great of a team.

What held back UCF for twenty something years? How about FAU? FIU? Pretty much every single coach all time ever that never accomplished as much as Leavitt starting from the ground floor and assending to the penthouse in under a decade. It’s truly remarkable and it’s sad that anyone can dare to not acknowledge it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

USF is in the state of Florida. I dont think Taggart or Strong would of had a hard time recruiting BCS talent right away.  And hell, after 5 CJL recruiting years later, I dont remember Holtz having that great of a team.

He beat Clemson and Miami in his first year if I recall. he started the next year beating ND. all within 4 games of each other.

so 3 top tier programs (2 of which will be in CFP this year) with Leavitt's players. even with the fact he was a terrible game day coach.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What held back UCF for twenty something years? How about FAU? FIU? Pretty much every single coach all time ever that never accomplished as much as Leavitt starting from the ground floor and assending to the penthouse in under a decade. It’s truly remarkable and it’s sad that anyone can dare to not acknowledge it.

I acknowledge that he built this program. But refuse to acknowledge he was a great coach. 

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I acknowledge that he built this program. But refuse to acknowledge he was a great coach. 

That's just an absurd position that has no foundation in what has actually happened in the USF program or any program outside of it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I hope CJL get a head coach job again this off season not only because I think he got jobbed at USF and he deserves it, but also because it would cause high levels of entertainment on this board.   It would be a fun sub plot to next season, you know, just in case we need that kind of thing to get through the season.   

Also, here's Mike Leach talking about following a Raccoon around. 

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/04/11/washington-state-mike-leach-raccoon-story-video

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Recovered from what? lol Levitt averaged 8 wins per season 

Regardless of what you think of CJL, USF was clearly in a better place in 2009 than it is now. We were averaging over 50k attendance per home game and had access to play for the National Championship each season, regardless of what we actually did with that access.

All of that change was a result of the loss of the BCS and the Big East in USF’s case.  CJL couldn’t have changed that. UConn and UC are in the same situation and they did do more with what they had in the Big East.

All of that said, I still find it interesting that TTU, Kansas and USF have all fallen on hard times since then. Maybe you don’t view our situation as worse than 2009 but I do. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, usf97 said:

Regardless of what you think of CJL, USF was clearly in a better place in 2009 than it is now. We were averaging over 50k attendance per home game and had access to play for the National Championship each season, regardless of what we actually did with that access.

All of that change was a result of the loss of the BCS and the Big East in USF’s case.  CJL couldn’t have changed that. UConn and UC are in the same situation and they did do more with what they had in the Big East.

All of that said, I still find it interesting that TTU, Kansas and USF have all fallen on hard times since then. Maybe you don’t view our situation as worse than 2009 but I do. 

This is the truth.... Pitt and Cuse working behind the conference's back to move to the ACC is what got us where we are.   Our cash cow was gone and the administration didn't strike while the Iron was hot so to speak on football specific facilities....   

11 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Because it’s worse.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

As far as recruiting, Leavitts last class was his best. Things were starting to come together. 

Leavitt may not have been able to do anything about the conference shakeup, but, I would have felt better if we weren't Fielding garbage teams when it was all happening. 

As puc said, no one expects him to come back, but, the man deserves more credit than most give him. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

8 hours ago, Brad said:

The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reported Sunday that Mike Leach, currently the coach of Washington State, is not only a target of athletic director Kirby Hocutt but a name that a large group of donors is pushing Hocutt to hire.

"The people who are supporting him, it's not just one or two," an unnamed source told the Avalanche-Journal. "It's like a hoard of people and maybe eight or 10 that are like million-dollar-plus donors. It's some serious folks."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-tech-coaching-search-mike-leach-denies-interest-dana-holgorsen-not-a-potential-target/

Some real businessmen at TT.

Man this is hilarious.  I love the world.