• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Texas Tech Wants Mike Leach Back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

not buying

lol gonna need some links on that.

Ok take out that second half part. five losses is five losses. Period end of story 

You don’t buy that TCU and Louisville were better than those that replaced them? There is just no way you believe that. One day if I am bored I will find you some links on the belief we were redshirting and grey shirting more in 2004 in preparation for moving into the Big East.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

The only reason I even included the second half of the season part was because of the original point. CJL's teams were notorious for second half collapses just as this team had a second half collapse. The fact that this team  lasted a little longer into the season before collapsing and losing all five in a row is irrelevant because I don't think the one or two wins CJL managed in the second half of seasons really did anything.   

I don't recall each of CJL's seasons, but this team was very fortunate to have it's 7 wins.  We played pretty ugly and uninspired football for much of the season.

• Topic Count:  2,324
  • Content Count:  21,268
  • Days Won:  10

Please move off this board.  This is a "Who Gives a Poop" topic

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You don’t buy that TCU and Louisville were better than those that replaced them? There is just no way you believe that. One day if I am bored I will find you some links on the belief we were redshirting and grey shirting more in 2004 in preparation for moving into the Big East.

You can't just look at their programs now and say yep that's how they were then . In 2004 TCU lost UAB and Tulane, while Texas Tech hung 70 on them. Different programs 

Louisville hasn't proven themselves to anything more than a good AAC team.  

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

You can't just look at their programs now and say yep that's how they were then . In 2004 TCU lost UAB and Tulane, while Texas Tech hung 70 on them. Different programs 

Louisville hasn't proven themselves to anything more than a good AAC team.  

There is just no way you honestly believe teams were called up to bigger leagues to be replaced by better bottom feeders from lower conferences. Louisville was something like number 6 in the nation while we were there, something CUSA hasn’t seen since and will never see again. Also TCU during our first year in CUSA was pretty stout. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Again I'm not trying to dog on CJL, I just don't understand why some believe him coming back is gonna magically produce undefeated seasons and conference championships because there's no proof of that. Strong has more Big east championships than CJL.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

10 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Again I'm not trying to dog on CJL, I just don't understand why some believe him coming back is gonna magically produce undefeated seasons and conference championships because there's no proof of that. Strong has more Big east championships than CJL.

People never get over their first love.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

14 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

People never get over their first love.

There's certainly some romanticism for CJL because of what he did here and so quickly.  I'm not screaming for his return, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me he's not the best coach we've had overall.

13 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I do not think anyone honestly believes that he will come back or that if by some miracle he did that things would instantly change. I think what some of us believe is that it was by far the most magical time to be a Bulls fan and that some members of our fanbase and administration sold that success for magic beans that never materialized. I have no doubt that our program would be in a better place had we stuck with CJL than taking the perilous course that we did and I only have to look at any form of data between him and his predecessors in order to prove it (and that doesn’t even account for the zeitgeist shift that is palpable).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

There's certainly some romanticism for CJL because of what he did here and so quickly.  I'm not screaming for his return, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me he's not the best coach we've had overall.

Well of the awesome 4 we've had it's between him and Taggart so far. Maybe Strong takes us to the promised land next year and takes the title.