• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,114
  • Days Won:  56

1 minute ago, Knight_Light said:

Well, you were invited to join a BCS Conf in Nov 2003...and that meant WAY more money and WAY more exposure (especially for recruiting) for the next decade.

Even with that HUGE head start (i.e. your team was moving/staying in the old Big East which became the AAC and UCF was moving up from the "lowly" CUSA according to you), all UCF has done is win MORE Divisional and Conf Titles over EVERYONE else since 2013...while your team is still waiting for their first ever divisional title in the history of their program.

Do you want to change your history and switch places with UCF back in Nov 2003? (UCF was playing Football in the MAC and then the bulls got invited to join a BCS Conf and then UCF got invited to join CUSA). I didn't think so.

You respond to apples with oranges. Did we squander our advantage? Yes. Not sure that was part of my argument, but, Ok. We did have an advantage and blew it. Its name is Skip Holtz. No, I wouldn't trade places. Our path was the right one. My original post, which has nothing to do with your responses, was aimed at all the USF fans bemoaning your success. You clearly made a program-changing hire with Scott Frost. He's a fantastic coach and will make Nebraska relevant again. Heupel may also be very good for as long as you have him. But, AGAIN, sports is cyclical. You'll make a hire that looks good on paper and ends up being a Holtz. You'll have a special player - like Matt Grothe - blow out his knee and miss his senior year. It's a cycle and you're not immune.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

Well, you were invited to join a BCS Conf in Nov 2003...and that meant WAY more money and WAY more exposure (especially for recruiting) for the next decade.

Even with that HUGE head start (i.e. your team was moving/staying in the old Big East which became the AAC and UCF was moving up from the "lowly" CUSA according to you), all UCF has done is win MORE Divisional and Conf Titles over EVERYONE else since 2013...while your team is still waiting for their first ever divisional title in the history of their program.

Do you want to change your history and switch places with UCF back in Nov 2003? (UCF was playing Football in the MAC and then the bulls got invited to join a BCS Conf and then UCF got invited to join CUSA). I didn't think so.

And BTW, the year you won your first conference title was the same year as 64-12. So, yes, it was a "lowly" C-USA.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

Again, if you say EVERY team has its ups and downs....when will usf ever get their first UP, i.e. divisional or conf title?

And if this all happened so fast, what were you doing for those 20 or so years when you had a football program and we didn't, squandering an advantage?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Proof of what?  My opinion, that I clearly stated was my opinion?

You expect other people to prove their opinions (which are ultimately the only thing ever put forth on websites like this).  I thought we might reasonably ask the same of you.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

11 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

You expect other people to prove their opinions (which are ultimately the only thing ever put forth on websites like this).  I thought we might reasonably ask the same of you.

When someone posts that an OCS will increase attendance, they're stating as if it were a fact.  If one asserts something as a fact, I'd like to see something to back it up.

I never challenge the idea that an OCS would improve, "gameday experience" because that is subjective and for some, maybe most, it might.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

So if a winless program can turn their program around (rather quickly in both cases), why can't others do it (that haven't won anything even though they have had solid seasons) since its so easy to do?

If it's as easy to do as you say, it's not really worth talking about, tbh.  Also makes me wonder what school you coach at.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,309
  • Days Won:  10

Our stadium is the soccer one on campus

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

It's absolutely hilarious that so many of you think the AAC is a dumpster fire conference, yet can't seem to win anything; EVEN with the best team you've ever fielded in 2017. If you were constantly dominating the conference, then you may have a point, but you don't.

Then some of you contradict yourself by talking about how winning would equate to butts in the seat just as much as UCF has. Yet, after your most successful seasons of 2016 11-2 (Average attendance: 37,538) and 2017 10-2 seasons (Average attendance: 31,401) , you trended DOWN. The days of you having WVU and Pitt at Ray Jay are long gone, but feel free to live in the glory days to justify why an off campus stadium, 15 miles off campus is better than UCF's on campus aluminum stadium.

Some of you also talk about how our low's are much worse than yours. OK great, we went winless in 2005 and 2016. We've also won 5 Conference titles 2 BCS/NY6's and on track for a 6th with another appearance at a NY6. You can't honestly say you would rather rather have your 3-9 and 2-10 and have literally accomplished nothing, versus what UCF has done. You're right about it being cyclical though, since 2013, UCF has won the conference ~50% of the time.

Regarding "scientific proof" having an OCS stadium, since UCF doesn't disclose actual numbers per home game - AD Danny White publically stated that:

"In addition, UCF makes about $2 million per home game and that number is growing exponentially as UCF’s season-ticket base grows."

UCF Home Game Revenue

Versus

No plans to leave Raymond James Stadium

Kelly echoed the report's sentiment that Raymond James Stadium remains a quality option for USF for many more years, even though the school has to pay $400,000 to rent the facility each game and USF doesn't collect on most typical stadium-related revenues such as concessions, parking and sponsorship opportunities.

USF's typical crowds also fill just about half of the stadium, leaving a "lack of a traditional collegiate football atmosphere," according to the report. The 10-mile drive across Tampa presents an additional challenge to many students who might otherwise attend more games.

USF Ray Jay Fee

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

33 minutes ago, Meeps said:

"In addition, UCF makes about $2 million per home game and that number is growing exponentially as UCF’s season-ticket base grows."

UCF Home Game Revenue

Versus

So that is net after expenses and bond (if any) reduction?