• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

56 minutes ago, Meeps said:

It's absolutely hilarious that so many of you think the AAC is a dumpster fire conference, yet can't seem to win anything; EVEN with the best team you've ever fielded in 2017. If you were constantly dominating the conference, then you may have a point, but you don't.

Then some of you contradict yourself by talking about how winning would equate to butts in the seat just as much as UCF has. Yet, after your most successful seasons of 2016 11-2 (Average attendance: 37,538) and 2017 10-2 seasons (Average attendance: 31,401) , you trended DOWN. The days of you having WVU and Pitt at Ray Jay are long gone, but feel free to live in the glory days to justify why an off campus stadium, 15 miles off campus is better than UCF's on campus aluminum stadium.

Some of you also talk about how our low's are much worse than yours. OK great, we went winless in 2005 and 2016. We've also won 5 Conference titles 2 BCS/NY6's and on track for a 6th with another appearance at a NY6. You can't honestly say you would rather rather have your 3-9 and 2-10 and have literally accomplished nothing, versus what UCF has done. You're right about it being cyclical though, since 2013, UCF has won the conference ~50% of the time.

Regarding "scientific proof" having an OCS stadium, since UCF doesn't disclose actual numbers per home game - AD Danny White publically stated that:

"In addition, UCF makes about $2 million per home game and that number is growing exponentially as UCF’s season-ticket base grows."

UCF Home Game Revenue

Versus

No plans to leave Raymond James Stadium

Kelly echoed the report's sentiment that Raymond James Stadium remains a quality option for USF for many more years, even though the school has to pay $400,000 to rent the facility each game and USF doesn't collect on most typical stadium-related revenues such as concessions, parking and sponsorship opportunities.

USF's typical crowds also fill just about half of the stadium, leaving a "lack of a traditional collegiate football atmosphere," according to the report. The 10-mile drive across Tampa presents an additional challenge to many students who might otherwise attend more games.

USF Ray Jay Fee

No one is saying we wouldn't rather have your success. I would happily have 4 straight 0-12 seasons to have your success. Congratulations your football program is better than ours. 

What we are saying is we aren't interested in this conference as fans because we used to play in a far more interesting and nationally relevant conference. It's very difficult to go from that to this. 

Imagine if for some reason ucf was in the sun belt starting next year. Even if you continued winning as you are now, you would be far less interested than you are currently. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

No one is saying we wouldn't rather have your success. I would happily have 4 straight 0-12 seasons to have your success. Congratulations your football program is better than ours. 

What we are saying is we aren't interested in this conference as fans because we used to play in a far more interesting and nationally relevant conference. It's very difficult to go from that to this. 

Imagine if for some reason ucf was in the sun belt starting next year. Even if you continued winning as you are now, you would be far less interested than you are currently. 

The problem is, usf got pretty much everything handed to them on a silver platter. Younger football program, got gifted into C-USA early on, then gifted into BE. Subsequently, your entire program from a fan base and administration standpoint is beyond entitled. You squandered the BE gift by beating some tough teams but fading back to obscurity every season. One poster even relishes in that fact - little do they know, that's EXACTLY why there is no foundation. You want an OCS but NFL quality that you can't afford, so you sit there with your hands in your pockets - accepting the status quo.

Make fun of the hardware all you want, but it's tangible and shows commitment to the sport. No one's going to remember who you beat out of conference 2 years from now, much less a decade ago when you're unranked at the end of the season and have nothing to show for it. UCF has had to fight for everything they've earned and that's why our players have a chip on their shoulders. You guys go 7-0, lose one game and the wheels fall off. That chip is why UCF is undefeated with a different coach.

You can make the comparison all you want about how if the tables were turned, UCF fans would feel the same way - the difference is - instead of sitting back wallowing in their own misery (0-12 in 2016) waiting for a golden ticket; they are hell bent on blowing down as many doors and scaring the **** out of the people holding the tickets until they drop one our way.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Meeps said:

It's absolutely hilarious that so many of you think the AAC is a dumpster fire conference, yet can't seem to win anything; EVEN with the best team you've ever fielded in 2017. If you were constantly dominating the conference, then you may have a point, but you don't.

Then some of you contradict yourself by talking about how winning would equate to butts in the seat just as much as UCF has. Yet, after your most successful seasons of 2016 11-2 (Average attendance: 37,538) and 2017 10-2 seasons (Average attendance: 31,401) , you trended DOWN. The days of you having WVU and Pitt at Ray Jay are long gone, but feel free to live in the glory days to justify why an off campus stadium, 15 miles off campus is better than UCF's on campus aluminum stadium.

I think you are overreacting as far as the opinion of the AAC by the few who are left here.  Many of our fans who 10 years ago were totally into the team and going to the games have zero interest in the team now.  It is still shocking to listen some of the questions I am asked about today's team (and your"s too) as interest dropped with the perceived demotion. Many do not follow the team at all.  If you want to mock USF fans for not liking the AAC, you really need to mock the front running phonies who no longer even follow the program. 

As far as the AAC and the so called fraudulent Pee Five, most of us know that outside of the elite programs, the difference is small.  It is the name branding and money where the Pee Five have the advantage. One only needs to see who the ACC Coastal champs are and realize that the competitive difference is minimal. I am glad Bianchi (probably with a little prodding) brought them up in an article a few days ago. Meanwhile, the pundits have methodically pushed random Mountain West teams for the NY6 Bowl knowing full well that your team (or any AAC  champ) would do better in that game to embarrass another Pee Five team while a MW team would get smoked. 

I question why you are even interjecting comments into what is an internal squabble.  As a keyboard warrior on another's board, isn't there some college football site where mouth breathing SEC fans are casting aspersions about your program?  Yes, they are.  It is quite nice to see that you all do not just irritate us.  Still, the hate and vitriol thrown at you guys is worse than any I have seen or heard from any Bulls fan.  You have gotten their attention and made them defensive  This, I will take my hat off to you.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,261
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Meeps said:

The problem is, usf got pretty much everything handed to them on a silver platter. Younger football program, got gifted into C-USA early on, then gifted into BE. Subsequently, your entire program from a fan base and administration standpoint is beyond entitled. You squandered the BE gift by beating some tough teams but fading back to obscurity every season. One poster even relishes in that fact - little do they know, that's EXACTLY why there is no foundation. You want an OCS but NFL quality that you can't afford, so you sit there with your hands in your pockets - accepting the status quo.

Make fun of the hardware all you want, but it's tangible and shows commitment to the sport. No one's going to remember who you beat out of conference 2 years from now, much less a decade ago when you're unranked at the end of the season and have nothing to show for it. UCF has had to fight for everything they've earned and that's why our players have a chip on their shoulders. You guys go 7-0, lose one game and the wheels fall off. That chip is why UCF is undefeated with a different coach.

You can make the comparison all you want about how if the tables were turned, UCF fans would feel the same way - the difference is - instead of sitting back wallowing in their own misery (0-12 in 2016) waiting for a golden ticket; they are hell bent on blowing down as many doors and scaring the **** out of the people holding the tickets until they drop one our way.

If people remember marquee wins for any period of time that’s longer than they will remember an AAC championship of which they don’t even know exist much less bother to learn who won. If you have anything to be proud of it’s the NY6 victories in bowls people care about and against teams people know, the only way to win the AAC is to win a spot on the lifeboats out of it.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If people remember marquee wins for any period of time that’s longer than they will remember an AAC championship of which they don’t even know exist much less bother to learn who won. If you have anything to be proud of it’s the NY6 victories in bowls people care about and against teams people know, the only way to win the AAC is to win a spot on the lifeboats out of it.

This is just stupid. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SpeedBull said:

This is just stupid. 

It’s the truth. I have yet to meet one person irl that cares one bit about AAC championship trophies, not one. I have however met tons of people that cared about big wins against marquee programs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s the truth. I have yet to meet one person irl that cares one bit about AAC championship trophies, not one. I have however met tons of people that cared about big wins against marquee programs.

Those big wins against marquee programs were great. They were fun and “put us on the map”.

The problem is since we’ve been on the map, we haven’t done ****. We can’t win this crappy conference you are so quick to bash.

It’s really pathetic to talk about what happened years ago in a few instances. It’s the old dude bragging about high school and little league accomplishments.

We live in a results driven world. We haven’t won ****. UCF has won the conferences they’ve been in. Period. They have gotten better, we have gotten worse. Period. 

That invite to the better conference that you so covet, you know who would get it if the decision was made today??? My money is on them. The program with excitement, OCS and titles.

Keep on remembering that Auburn game from 11 years ago dude. The rest of the world pays attention to winners.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Is their attendance higher than USF's?

I doubt any of the teams I mentioned have better attendance than USF, but whatever their attendance is, having the OCS probably helps vs. a stadium 15 miles off campus. Truthfully though, looking at other AAC teams, many do have on-campus stadiums, and many look empty for home games. UCF would be the exception.

4 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Those big wins against marquee programs were great. They were fun and “put us on the map”.

The problem is since we’ve been on the map, we haven’t done ****. We can’t win this crappy conference you are so quick to bash.

It’s really pathetic to talk about what happened years ago in a few instances. It’s the old dude bragging about high school and little league accomplishments.

We live in a results driven world. We haven’t won ****. UCF has won the conferences they’ve been in. Period. They have gotten better, we have gotten worse. Period. 

That invite to the better conference that you so covet, you know who would get it if the decision was made today??? My money is on them. The program with excitement, OCS and titles.

Keep on remembering that Auburn game from 11 years ago dude. The rest of the world pays attention to winners.

I said their NY6 games and victories were exciting and something to be proud of, winning the AAC just isn’t something I think is a big thing to brag about because most people don’t even know the AAC is a real conference (it sounds made up). As for who will get in there is no evidence to support that winning conferences or winning in general has anything to do with conference realignment, see every team that got shuffled last go around and Boise that was better poised than UCF is currently. Pitt still plays in an NFL stadium and that didn’t seem to hold them back.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have to agree with puc.  I may disagree with the opinion that a random win over an elite program is more important than a championship but I cannot dismiss or ignore the reality that the average fan does not care about the latter.