• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

This thread

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I said their NY6 games and victories were exciting and something to be proud of, winning the AAC just isn’t something I think is a big thing to brag about because most people don’t even know the AAC is a real conference (it sounds made up). As for who will get in there is no evidence to support that winning conferences or winning in general has anything to do with conference realignment, see every team that got shuffled last go around and Boise that was better poised than UCF is currently. Pitt still plays in an NFL stadium and that didn’t seem to hold them back.

What should USF be proud of? We have neither of the things you mentioned.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,700
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, SpeedBull said:

And your point?  Should we just link back to page one of this thread and rehash it all again?  

But I am proud, even though I didn't attend USF, to be associated with the people that have come and gone throughout the years; Bulls Club people, coaches, the ADs minus 1 and the players we've gotten to meet and know.  I'm proud of the type of people these programs are turning out; the way the golfers come up to us at tournaments and thank us for showing up to support; the way the WBB players at the event last Tuesday carried themselves and engaged with the donors; the academic excellence of many of the athletes.  If it was ONLY about winning we wouldn't support the way we support.  I'm proud that USF has reached preeminent status. That it is a top research institution.  You get the idea.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

As far as the AAC and the so called fraudulent Pee Five, most of us know that outside of the elite programs, the difference is small.  It is the name branding and money where the Pee Five have the advantage. One only needs to see who the ACC Coastal champs are and realize that the competitive difference is minimal. I am glad Bianchi (probably with a little prodding) brought them up in an article a few days ago. Meanwhile, the pundits have methodically pushed random Mountain West teams for the NY6 Bowl knowing full well that your team (or any AAC  champ) would do better in that game to embarrass another Pee Five team while a MW team would get smoked. 

The Fraudulent Five!

l like it!!

My point is that it’s embarrassing (or at least it should be) to bash UCF’s accomplishments in football. It’s based out of insecurity. They’ve won and we haven’t. Give credit where credit is due and then do our best to beat them. The false arrogance displayed is pretty weak.

I am a USF alumnus and I’m very proud of my degree and the university that I attended. I received a great education and earned my degrees.

However, last time I checked this is an “athletics” board, not a scholastics board. 

Edited by SpeedBull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

And your point?  Should we just link back to page one of this thread and rehash it all again?  

But I am proud, even though I didn't attend USF, to be associated with the people that have come and gone throughout the years; Bulls Club people, coaches, the ADs minus 1 and the players we've gotten to meet and know.  I'm proud of the type of people these programs are turning out; the way the golfers come up to us at tournaments and thank us for showing up to support; the way the WBB players at the event last Tuesday carried themselves and engaged with the donors; the academic excellence of many of the athletes.  If it was ONLY about winning we wouldn't support the way we support.  I'm proud that USF has reached preeminent status. That it is a top research institution.  You get the idea.

Nice post CR.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

14 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I have plenty to be proud of as a USF fan @CousinRicky did a good job highlighting some of the reasons and there are plenty of marquee wins and major football accomplishments to go with those that I’m sure you would love to discount but I wasn’t arguing for our accomplishments or that their NY6 victories wouldn’t be accomplishments on par with ours, my argument is simply most people do not care about the AAC, pretty much everyone has no idea who won it and thus winning it is not a major accomplishment that would be program defining or celebrated in pretty much any circles except for a few people on USF and I’m assuming UCF message boards.

38 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I have plenty to be proud of as a USF fan @CousinRicky did a good job highlighting some of the reasons and there are plenty of marquee wins and major football accomplishments to go with those that I’m sure you would love to discount but I wasn’t arguing for our accomplishments or that their NY6 victories wouldn’t be accomplishments on par with ours, my argument is simply most people do not care about the AAC, pretty much everyone has no idea who won it and thus winning it is not a major accomplishment that would be program defining or celebrated in pretty much any circles except for a few people on USF and I’m assuming UCF message boards.

You know who else nobody cares about? The doormats of the P5. 

The AAC is the conference that we are in. It’s better to win it than to not win it.

We can’t win any other conference. Let’s take care of our business in the AAC first.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

You know who else nobody cares about? The doormats of the P5. 

The AAC is the conference that we are in. It’s better to win it than to not win it.

We can’t win any other conference. Let’s take care of our business in the AAC first.

I hope when we win the AAC that it’s everything that you dream it will be, my only dream is to get out of the AAC before it totally destroys our program.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

On 11/17/2018 at 10:41 PM, Thebullsfan said:

Interesting reply on whether he would come back to USF:

• Upvote 1