• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

the banter from you guys is not even fun or lighthearted it's just sad

your whole fanbase has a defeatist attitude where you are now lowered to 'I rather be 7-5 then build that' Narrator: "No they wouldn't"

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, ambienknights said:

your whole fanbase has a defeatist attitude where you are now lowered to 'I rather be 7-5 then build that' Narrator: "No they wouldn't"

Bye

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The ending of that story was you could win both and not get a NY6 game or victory in which case I wouldn’t care one bit about AAC championships just like the vast majority of the world.

so you don't want a NY6 game for USF bc you might lose it? God you're pathetic

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

Yet here you are....

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

Don’t you guys have a baseball stadium named after a coach who got fired for sexually assaulting a manager with a fungo bat?

No, not anymore. John Euliano Park. http://ucfknights.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=34100&ATCLID=211736328

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yet here you are....

game week and always down for Football talk just like every other opponent on UCF's schedule. but the obsession seems to be on an Old coach sitting in a retirement community & UCF's Football stadium

Edited by ambienknights

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The ending of that story was you could win both and not get a NY6 game or victory in which case I wouldn’t care one bit about AAC championships just like the vast majority of the world.

I know...believe much of your reasoning is based on what you stated earlier that you are not an alum of the school you cheer for...as you don't seem to care about building blocks and/or trophies that players, coaches and fans at other schools seem to enjoy.

Edited by Knight_Light

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

13 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Atmosphere is created by the people who attend (actual not announced!) the game, the band, and the team, not the location of the stadium.

I agree with that.   But it's also created in the days leading up to the home game all over campus.  It's the parties on campus the night before.  It's the band marching through campus to the stadium on game day (not in some parking lot 10 miles away).  It's marching into the stadium with the team.  (not after they got dropped off of buses in lot 6 10 miles from campus).  It's the partying after the victory where the students can just stumble back to their homes.  

I know someone who graduated HS right around the pinnacle of the USF program.  She had been been to many games at Raymond James and thought they were very fun (they were much bigger events back then).  Shopping for colleges, she got a guided campus tour of USF.  Not one mention from the tour guide about football, game days, anything.  She got a campus tour at that school in Orlando. The tour guide made a point to go over the entire game day tradition--where the band set up.  Where they tailgate, how they march into the on campus stadium, etc.  (they had only had a stadium for a year).  For an 18 year old kid looking to live on campus, that was a huge selling point.

I want to take my kid to my campus and be able to impress him/her with that stuff.  Maybe we'll have a stadium by the time I have a grandchild hopefully someday.  

Go Bulls.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

I know...believe much of your reasoning is based on what you stated earlier that you are not an alum of the school you cheer for...as you don't seem to care about building blocks and/or trophies that players, coaches and fans at other schools seem to enjoy.

I am very much a USF alumnus, so I don’t know where you got that idea from. My feelings come from this being the worst g-d forsaken conference that we have ever had the misfortune of being in. I understand that this is confusing to you since this is the best conference you have ever been in but to us and the vast majority of the world the AAC is a steaming pile of crap that no one cares about or dreams of winning. Kids don’t grow up dreaming about being AAC champions they don’t even know what the AAC is.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just a little point of fact. Renting a stadium is preferable over owning a stadium whenever you can make that happen. No one wants to own a stadium since it’s a depreciating asset that can’t be made liquid since it by itself has little value and therefore pretty much no one willing to buy it. There is a reason the Bucs lease Ray Jay and don’t own it and pretty much any NFL team that’s able to make that happen tries to. The problem isn’t ownership vs renting because absolutely no one wants to own a stadium it’s the lack of favorable situations  in our rental ie it’s a bit far, it doesn’t look like it has anything to do with us and the Bucs have a sweetheart deal that comes at our expense. Stadium ownership however isn’t an inherent good if anything it’s typically seen as inherently bad and something most businesses would avoid if they can get anyone else to be dumb enough to do it.