• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, Meeps said:

so I apologize in advance. 

I said the same thing before I peed on your mom. I had asparagus for lunch.

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

25 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Judge Wendy Berger wrote that when UCF appealed the verdict to the Fifth District Court of Appeal. Unlike FSU and Darling, the sides did not reach a pre-trial settlement.

7 minutes ago, Meeps said:

FSU makes just a tad more per year being in the ACC to have "whatever" funds to throw around than UCF does in the AAC. That opens the door to being able to compensate during a tragedy, not making them more "morally" correct. If you want to try and say that the $350k they spent on the National Champion bonus', last I checked, $10 million > $350k. But I wouldn't expect a bull fan to know what those numbers mean so I apologize in advance.

Quite the story spinner aren't we. Again you mis the point. UCF never had any plans of paying more than they were required to. How much do you think it cost them to fight this in court for a decade rather than attempt to settle? They had no problem paying 2 million for GOL to 0-12 and the 700,000 they spent buying his OC out. To top it off, all of that happened before they payed the 200,000 to the Planchard family which the article states happened " few months ago", keep in mind this article was published in 2017. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, JTrue said:

I said the same thing before I peed on your mom. I had asparagus for lunch.

Heh. This is probably one of the worst attempts at an insult i've ever seen. TBP donor huh? Do you pay usf in food stamps; because i'm pretty sure McDonald's employee's don't have much after taxes.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, Meeps said:

Heh. This is probably one of the worst attempts at an insult i've ever seen. TBP donor huh? Do you pay usf in food stamps; because i'm pretty sure McDonald's employee's don't have much after taxes.

1. It's called SNAP and I have a debit card. 

2. I pay Brad. TBP is not run by USF.

3. McDonald's is for suckers. Checkers all the way.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Quite the story spinner aren't we. Again you mis the point. UCF never had any plans of paying more than they were required to. How much do you think it cost them to fight this in court for a decade rather than attempt to settle? They had no problem paying 2 million for GOL to 0-12 and the 700,000 they spent buying his OC out. To top it off, all of that happened before they payed the 200,000 to the Planchard family which the article states happened " few months ago", keep in mind this article was published in 2017. 

I'm not missing any point. I've fleshed out the point pretty well. Meanwhile you are inserting irrelevant information (e.g. the money legally owed to a coach, the buyout etc...) that was paid out several years later as the basis to prove that UCF has some nestegg that they are deliberately withholding.

I'll spell it out for you again since you missed it the first time. The Planchers were awarded $10 million which they would have been entitled to if UCFAA was a private institution (hint: they're not) so UCF appealed. A jury sided with UCF that they are NOT a private organization. The Law states $200k is the max payout. The reason the money was paid out recently is that the Planchers have continued to fight for millions of dollars and the Surpreme court would not hear the case again. 

I have no idea what UCF spent to fight this, but it's irrelevant. The law states they were entitled to $200k. End of story. If you want to compare FSU to UCF in these situations then you would have to compare apples to apples from a financial standpoint. FSU's athletic budget dwarfs UCF's so they have more wiggle room on what they can spend.

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

1. It's called SNAP and I have a debit card. 

2. I pay Brad. TBP is not run by USF.

3. McDonald's is for suckers. Checkers all the way.

1. So you admit to having it. Well played.

2. I didn't need to know you pay Brad. What you two do is non of my business.

3. Agreed. Now I feel dirty.

9 minutes ago, Meeps said:

I'm not missing any point. I've fleshed out the point pretty well. Meanwhile you are inserting irrelevant information (e.g. the money legally owed to a coach, the buyout etc...) that was paid out several years later as the basis to prove that UCF has some nestegg that they are deliberately withholding.

I'll spell it out for you again since you missed it the first time. The Planchers were awarded $10 million which they would have been entitled to if UCFAA was a private institution (hint: they're not) so UCF appealed. A jury sided with UCF that they are NOT a private organization. The Law states $200k is the max payout. The reason the money was paid out recently is that the Planchers have continued to fight for millions of dollars and the Surpreme court would not hear the case again. 

I have no idea what UCF spent to fight this, but it's irrelevant. The law states they were entitled to $200k. End of story. If you want to compare FSU to UCF in these situations then you would have to compare apples to apples from a financial standpoint. FSU's athletic budget dwarfs UCF's so they have more wiggle room on what they can spend.

But you say all this like UCF really wanted to pay the Planchards more, but they didn't. It is evident buy the fact that there was no attempt to settle. The ten million the Planchards were awarded came from the courts for gross negligence, because this wasn't a tragedy, it was negligence, and they immediately appealed and fought for a decade to get the 200 thousand number. There is no law that states that the university can't give them more, it's their money, they can do with it as they please.  The amount they paid for the appeals is completely relevant if your argument is that there wasn't enough money to pay the Planchards more because they had no problem spending it on the appeals.They had millions to pay the coaches and millions to build a stadium but only 200 thousand to give to a family of a player that their negligence killed. Speaks volumes about that they believe is the right thing to do. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, LatinKnight83 said:

Interesting link.  Isn’t that UCF Signature Chain Link Fence I’m seeing in those photos?

One of the Nations Finest??   What is better about that facility, than USF’s Baseball and Softball complex?

8 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Interesting link.  Isn’t that UCF Signature Chain Link Fence I’m seeing in those photos?

One of the Nations Finest??   What is better about that facility, than USF’s Baseball and Softball complex?

Nothing 

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

But you say all this like UCF really wanted to pay the Planchards more, but they didn't. It is evident buy the fact that there was no attempt to settle. The ten million the Planchards were awarded came from the courts for gross negligence, because this wasn't a tragedy, it was negligence, and they immediately appealed and fought for a decade to get the 200 thousand number. There is no law that states that the university can't give them more, it's their money, they can do with it as they please.  They had millions to pay the coaches and millions to build a stadium but only 200 thousand to give to a family of a player that their negligence killed. Speaks volumes about that they believe is the right thing to do. 

Do you know for a fact that UCF had the money but didn't want to pay them? You're making an assumption and passing it off like it's fact. Clearly UCF had more details on what happened than the article presented which could very well have been the basis for not settling. O'Learly was hired in 2004 and was fired in 2015. This happened in 2008. The stadium was built in 2007, again. This happened in 2008. Those costs don't just magically go away or get decreased because a player died. The 200k was disbursed recently because if you know anything about legal battles, they take a LONG time to resolve and it was paid out when the Plancher's case would not be reheard by the Florida Supreme Court. Again, not because UCF was withholding the 200k. Does it suck at this went down? Of course. But none of your points raised shows GOL deliberately went out of their way to target Ereck Plancher or UCF still owes a ton of money and is dragging it out in the court system.