• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

How many FBS schools play in the same town as an NFL stadium? Us, Pitt, Temple, San Diego State, and Miami all play in NFL stadiums.  USC has shared and temporarily shares an off-campus stadium with an NFL team.  Georgia State played in the Falcons Stadium until they received the Braves old stadium.  A vast majority of FBS schools don't have that as an option.

On your last point, you don't know what our recruiting would be like compared to what it is with an OCS vs. playing at Ray Jay, so we can only go by what recruits have said.  Playing in an 2/3 or even 1/2 empty stadium sucks regardless of where it is located.

Temple is preparing to break ground on their own stadium.  SDSU is a terrible example to use as an argument.  I lived in San Diego for four years and went to a few games.  Same bullcrap faux college football atmosphere as we have, and it’s the same thing that has held their program back for decades.  The programs that do have the option to do what we do and DO NOT are the smart ones.  And there are many, many more that you did not list who could and choose not to do so.

Edited by Turd Ferguson

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, Turd Ferguson said:

Temple is preparing to break ground on their own stadium.  SDSU is a terrible example to use as an argument.  I live md in San Diego for four years and went to a few games.  Same bullcrap faux college football atmosphere as we have, and it’s the same thing that has held their program back for decades.  The programs that do have the option to do what we do and DO NOT are the smart ones.  And there are many, many more that you did not list who could and choose not to do so.

I just listed what FBS schools play in an NFL stadium.  Miami has never played in an OCS and currently play further away from their campus than we do.  Also, UCF would probably still be playing in the Citrus Bowl if they hadn't been kicked out for the renovations.

Just now, Apis Bull said:

I just listed what FBS schools play in an NFL stadium.  Miami has never played in an OCS and currently play further away from their campus than we do.  Also, UCF would probably still be playing in the Citrus Bowl if they hadn't been kicked out for the renovations.

There’s that USiF again.

Listen, I’m fine with our fans making lame excuses and empty justifications for why we play in a stupid rent-a-stadium with zero atmosphere.  What i’m not fine with is the people with the power to do something about it making those same short-sighted and lame excuses.  I truly wish they would just drop the football program if it’s not important enough to make the necessary investment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

24 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

There’s that USiF again.

Listen, I’m fine with our fans making lame excuses and empty justifications for why we play in a stupid rent-a-stadium with zero atmosphere.  What i’m not fine with is the people with the power to do something about it making those same short-sighted and lame excuses.  I truly wish they would just drop the football program if it’s not important enough to make the necessary investment.

Instead of them dropping football you could just not follow it anymore if it bothers you that much.  You may want to see someone about your anger issues.

I, for one, would like for our school not to go deep into debt to satisfy the whims of fans that want a, "better game day experience".  An OCS will be built when USF deems the amount of possible debt is serviceable.

7 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Instead of them dropping football you could just not follow it anymore if it bothers you that much.  You may want to see someone about your anger issues.

I, for one, would like for our school not to go deep into debt to satisfy the whims of fans that want a, "better game day experience".  An OCS will be built when USF deems the amount of possible debt is serviceable.

Anger?  Ha!  Nice try.  It’s disgust and apathy.  Anger went bye-bye a long time ago.  

My passion for this football program is waning — just the same as many others I have heard from.  I have become more of a fan of college football in general and less of a fan of USF.  That would change if I saw a level of investment from the university more in line with what FBS membership actually demands.  I’m sure there are many thousands more out there who feel the same.

And by the way, there is never going to be a time where the debt service was more manageable than where we were a few years ago.  Yet another blown opportunity.  The brilliant Doug Woodard, ladies and gentlemen!

Other universities have made it happen one way or another.  Again, USF could have been fundraising for a stadium for 22 years and probably had more than enough cash in the bank to get the thing done with relatively little debt.  But, no — let’s rent from Daddy Glazer and act like we have a legitimate game day experience.

What a disgrace.

In every way ... UCF > USF

17 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I, for one, would like for our school not to go deep into debt to satisfy the whims of fans that want a, "better game day experience". 

Ha-ha!  Where is any athletic program without fans and boosters??  Hilarious.

If the fans and boosters want a better game day experience, you’d better find a way to give it to them — otherwise, you have no way to sustain your program.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

How many FBS schools play in the same town as an NFL stadium? Us, Pitt, Temple, San Diego State, and Miami all play in NFL stadiums.  USC has shared and temporarily shares an off-campus stadium with an NFL team.  Georgia State played in the Falcons Stadium until they received the Braves old stadium.  A vast majority of FBS schools don't have that as an option.

On your last point, you don't know what our recruiting would be like compared to what it is with an OCS vs. playing at Ray Jay, so we can only go by what recruits have said.  Playing in an 2/3 or even 1/2 empty stadium sucks regardless of where it is located.

St. Jim said that RJS was his best recruiting tool.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

18 hours ago, Meeps said:

What happened to Ereck Plancher was a tragedy. George O'Leary had an old school way of toughening up players with brutal workouts. Ereck had sickle trait, which obviously wasn't conducive to said workouts because the body can't get enough oxygen to tissues due to malformed red blood cells. George O'Leary didn't single Ereck out and make him do anything different than all the other kids he coached. The fact that you are using this kids death to make a point is beyond low class and crosses the line between rival banter and just being a straight a hole.

Regarding those peanuts you refer to; a jury, NOT UCF found that UCFAA was under UCF's direct control and thus considered a state agency. The law states that $200,000 is the max payout. UCF didn't concoct that law or find some loophole. So nice try trying to distort whatever you can fit your narrative because you literally have nothing to contribute to what this thread was about. If you want to blame someone, blame the jury who used the facts that were presented to them and came to a joint decision.

But UCF also found out some way to be immune to FOIA by claiming their athletics aren't a part of the university! 

So which is it? UCF is corrupt and operates like mafia. Their admin is full of sneaky snakes.  

Fines: "We are a state agency, can't pay.  (HA HA)"

FOIA: "No we aren't a state agency, we don't have to answer. (HA HA)."

UCF leadership is unethical. I'd be embarrassed if USF pulled these stunts. 

I respect UCFs players, and the coaches from the last 3 years. They have done well and nothing wrong with the fans being proud of their team winning. 

But you can't compare the way the two schools are run. USF is ethically run. UCF is not. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Game, set, and match

I know...that's what happens when one post's facts of lots of teams in/near NFL Stadiums that have built new on-campus stadiums or have recently spent hundreds of millions of $$$ in stadium renovations vs moving "near-by" to the shiny but sterile NFL stadium in town.

I do hope though that usf leadership continues to think that staying in RJS for decades to come is the right move to advance their program as it will probably help grow the divide between UCF and that program even more so (and the campus too).

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Anger?  Ha!  Nice try.  It’s disgust and apathy.  Anger went bye-bye a long time ago.  

My passion for this football program is waning — just the same as many others I have heard from.  I have become more of a fan of college football in general and less of a fan of USF.  That would change if I saw a level of investment from the university more in line with what FBS membership actually demands.  I’m sure there are many thousands more out there who feel the same.

And by the way, there is never going to be a time where the debt service was more manageable than where we were a few years ago.  Yet another blown opportunity.  The brilliant Doug Woodard, ladies and gentlemen!

Other universities have made it happen one way or another.  Again, USF could have been fundraising for a stadium for 22 years and probably had more than enough cash in the bank to get the thing done with relatively little debt.  But, no — let’s rent from Daddy Glazer and act like we have a legitimate game day experience.

What a disgrace.

In every way ... UCF > USF

How much have you called up to offer?  Just wondering.