• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I hope when we win the AAC that it’s everything that you dream it will be, my only dream is to get out of the AAC before it totally destroys our program.

Keep dreaming, it will surely come true. By the way, if the program gets “destroyed” it won’t be because we are in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Keep dreaming, it will surely come true. By the way, if the program gets “destroyed” it won’t be because we are in the AAC.

P6 is not a sustainable model for Football, you can’t try to compete with the P5 while operating on a G5 budget. We get 1/10 the income to be the 6th best conference making us the top of the bottom and that’s a bad place to be in any business as you are over spending trying to get over that hump but the money just doesn’t make it possible in the long run.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I said their NY6 games and victories were exciting and something to be proud of, winning the AAC just isn’t something I think is a big thing to brag about because most people don’t even know the AAC is a real conference (it sounds made up). As for who will get in there is no evidence to support that winning conferences or winning in general has anything to do with conference realignment, see every team that got shuffled last go around and Boise that was better poised than UCF is currently. Pitt still plays in an NFL stadium and that didn’t seem to hold them back.

You do realize that to make a NYD6 Bowl as a G5, you MUST win your Conf Championship (plus be highest ranked).

You summed up perfectly the state of your football program as SEASON ENDING GOALS can't be achieved without:

1) winning your own division

2) winning your conference

I'm glad my program has their priorities in order.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

Where do wrongful death lawsuits fit in?

Actually, that's not fair. I know the answer to my question. You paid more money out in "National Championship" bonuses than you did to the family.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Where do wrongful death lawsuits fit in?

Actually, that's not fair. I know the answer to my question. You paid more money out in "National Championship" bonuses than you did to the family.

Think about how utterly despicable that is...

Just now, bullsonparade said:

Think about how utterly despicable that is...

I do every time someone compares our athletic department to their's.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,258
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

You do realize that to make a NYD6 Bowl as a G5, you MUST win your Conf Championship (plus be highest ranked).

You summed up perfectly the state of your football program as SEASON ENDING GOALS can't be achieved without:

1) winning your own division

2) winning your conference

In the G5 you can easily win your division and then win your conference but still play in the same bowl in Birmingham Alabama. If winning the AAC didn’t come with a NY6 bowl and victory it would have exactly zero  value to me.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Meeps said:

The problem is, usf got pretty much everything handed to them on a silver platter. Younger football program, got gifted into C-USA early on, then gifted into BE. Subsequently, your entire program from a fan base and administration standpoint is beyond entitled. You squandered the BE gift by beating some tough teams but fading back to obscurity every season. One poster even relishes in that fact - little do they know, that's EXACTLY why there is no foundation. You want an OCS but NFL quality that you can't afford, so you sit there with your hands in your pockets - accepting the status quo.

Make fun of the hardware all you want, but it's tangible and shows commitment to the sport. No one's going to remember who you beat out of conference 2 years from now, much less a decade ago when you're unranked at the end of the season and have nothing to show for it. UCF has had to fight for everything they've earned and that's why our players have a chip on their shoulders. You guys go 7-0, lose one game and the wheels fall off. That chip is why UCF is undefeated with a different coach.

You can make the comparison all you want about how if the tables were turned, UCF fans would feel the same way - the difference is - instead of sitting back wallowing in their own misery (0-12 in 2016) waiting for a golden ticket; they are hell bent on blowing down as many doors and scaring the **** out of the people holding the tickets until they drop one our way.

You can spin whatever however you want. It will make no difference. I already said your program is better I don't know what you hope to accomplish. 

We weren't handed a cusa invite BTW. We were already a member and had been since the metro conference. Before football was a thing our basketball and other sports were decent. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I’d be curious to find out how many people would rather have championships and NYC bowl trophies in the USF trophy case over our handful “marquee wins.”

I know I would.

I can’t think of ONE thing that our program is currently doing, or has done, better than the people in Orlando, and that really sucks (besides not killing someone of course).

Edited by zarnozdabull
Because I friggin felt like it, okay?!
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I can’t think of ONE thing that our program is currently doing, or has done, better than the people in Orlando, and that really sucks (besides not killing someone of course).

What's funny is, when we were looking for a new AD, a ton of people on here were adamant USF should never even consider a guy like Tom Jurich. Yet a bunch of those same posters have no problem admiring our comrades to the East. The same athletic department that thinks paying outgoing coaches for a fake National Championship is more important than the family of a player who died because of their training staff and coaches.