• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I've posted a variety of links in the past that show that an OCS does not increase attendance.  When UCF was losing, their brand new OCS was fairly empty.  Now that they're winning, the stadium gets packed.  Just my opinion, but if USF had the same success the past few years, Ray Jay would be packed

Yes, I know they FCS links you have posted, which are silly, no offense.  It goes way beyond attendance, but you know the arguments, we have been at this a long time.  Even in C’s darkest days I bet their attendance was on par with ours, which is sad.  Go watch college game day this past weekend and ask yourself, would an OCS be more beneficial for our team.  Honestly, if the answer is no, then there is absolutely  no convincing you.  The proof is all around but if you are looking for some quantitative analysis, perhaps ask C, maybe they have something.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

Some things in life are just obvious, and USF needing an OCS to develop more excitement and tradition is one of them. Anyone who says otherwise has some ulterior motive and I just don’t get it.

The whole “it’s all about winning” is total bunk. Every single year in college football it’s Alabama and everyone else. Ask Cubs fans how much winning added to the game day experience up until recently. And no, before someone takes easy bait, make no mistake. I want to win and see the program build a winning tradition.

The whole “it’s about the conference” we are in is nonsense too. There is a ton of excitement all over the country at schools outside of the P5. There is also tradition at schools within the P5 that have zero legitimate chance at a National Championship or even Conference Championship year in most years.

There is no excitement on campus. Listen to the guy that posted up that has 2 students at USF now. His kids are telling him as much. Ray Jay is not our house, it never was and it never will be. 

The college campus is a special place. It is a place that alumni want to go back to and show their kids. It’s a place those kids aspire to go to one day to get their education. It’s a place some of those kids may be a 4-5 star athletes.

It’s all of those things and more. The idea that attendance and building tradition is ONLY winning and conference is just wrong. Period. I believe the people that are still clinging to this argument know it’s wrong too.

Ask him how many basketball games his kids attend at the Sun Dome.  And, even if they do, they are in the minority.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Yes, not sure why programs like FAU, FIU,  and now South Alabama can accomplish this (UAB too I believe), yet there are some on here that think it's just impossible, or totally idiotic for us to do it. I don't get too deep into this argument, just because I don't know much about the financial side of it, but if the teams I mentioned above can make it happen.....

Is their attendance higher than USF's?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Okay, once again, I feel that I must preface what I'm going to say.  I want an OCS.

With that said, if all these benefits are, "obvious" please provide links that support these assertions.

Enough with the “link” nonsense. Jessica Alba is hot. Most would agree...I’m not going to spend hours finding out scientific evidence as to why she is hot. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Yes, I know they FCS links you have posted, which are silly, no offense.  It goes way beyond attendance, but you know the arguments, we have been at this a long time.  Even in C’s darkest days I bet their attendance was on par with ours, which is sad.  Go watch college game day this past weekend and ask yourself, would an OCS be more beneficial for our team.  Honestly, if the answer is no, then there is absolutely  no convincing you.  The proof is all around but if you are looking for some quantitative analysis, perhaps ask C, maybe they have something.  

There's a reason why UCF's President Whittaker was smiling from ear to ear on Sunday morning...as his CAMPUS was the star of a combined 6 1/2 hour national tv show starting on Saturday morning and finished around 11:30 pm Saturday night. These shows were about MORE than just football, this was about ALL of UCF. All the shots of campus during Game Day and during the ABC Prime Time Game are all invaluable, plus and probably more importantly, the EXCITED UCF Students and Fans brought to both national tv shows is practically immerserable. Heck, even UCF Hater Kirk Herbstreit changed his tune after spending the entire day on UCF's campus for the very first time:

https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/1064037544013283329

Here is a sample on just how LOUD it was at Spectrum Stadium when Cinci started the game with 2 penalties because of the crowd noise. (UCF DT Joey Conners said after the game it was hilarious hearing the center and guard yelling at each other: "I can't hear the signals!" and that happened ALL game long).

https://twitter.com/Zack_Shields/status/1064549778917416961

Edited by Knight_Light

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

11 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

UCF has been winning divisional and conf titles on a regular basis since 2005...and we did it again already in 2018. That's a pretty nice long "up cycle"...as the bulls are still waiting for their first EVER title of any sort (you have to hit a few before you can even call it a cycle).

You also had TWO WINLESS SEASONS

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You also had TWO WINLESS SEASONS

We know...but that isn't the norm...seeing how UCF's Conf Championship Trophy Case is over flowing, let alone the 2 HUGE BCS/NYD6 Trophies UCF has as well.

So if a winless program can turn their program around (rather quickly in both cases), why can't others do it (that haven't won anything even though they have had solid seasons) since its so easy to do?

When Dr Hitt hired O'Leary in Dec 2003, he told him to "build a program, not just a team", and to do that with facilities, RIGHT kids, don't take short-cuts (high risk recruits with poor grades and or large number of JUCO/transfers), etc...as Dr Hitt wanted something in place that would LAST.

Frost and now Heupel wouldn't have had the success they enjoyed if not for the "build the program" philosophy that started way back in Dec 2003.

Edited by Knight_Light

54 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

And just think...the actual GAME was even a better showcase for UCF but GameDay at UCF was EPIC at sooooo many levels. 

ESPN GameDay Open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RFNDP6uK1c&list=PLmkjXprBSRGPJf3dJpl9rABeo1PSMIy8Q&index=6

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

15 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

We know...but that isn't the norm...seeing how UCF's Conf Championship Trophy Case is over flowing, let alone the 2 HUGE BCS/NYD6 Trophies UCF has as well.

So if a winless program can turn their program around (rather quickly in both cases), why can't others do it (that haven't won anything even though they have had solid seasons) since its so easy to do?

You missed the entire point. I didn't say your winless seasons were typical. I said sports are cyclical. Up and down. You've had great ups and awful downs. You will again. We have been the same, except our ups haven't been as high - and neither have our lows been as low. Until now, our programs have not played equal competition, either. The C-USA we played in was much tougher than the MAC you were in. The Big East we played in was much tougher than your C-USA. Those points are not debatable. You're having a great run. Congratulations! It will end. It's part of the cycle and those cycles are typically based around a great QB. You have one now. Let's see what happens when Milton is gone. I'm not saying you're headed back to 0-12, but it will be different. And also back to my original post - USF needs an on-campus stadium. No argument there.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You missed the entire point. I said sports are cyclical. Up and down. You've had great ups and awful downs. You will again. We have been the same, except our ups haven't been as high - and neither have our lows been as low. Until now, our programs have not played equal competition, either. The C-USA we played in was much tougher than the MAC you were in. The Big East we played in was much tougher than your C-USA. Those points are not debatable. You're having a great run. Congratulations! It will end. It's part of the cycle and those cycles are typically based around a great QB. You have one now. Let's see what happens when Milton is gone. I'm not saying you're headed back to 0-12, but it will be different. And also back to my original post - USF needs an on-campus stadium. No argument there.

Well, you were invited to join a BCS Conf in Nov 2003...and that meant WAY more money and WAY more exposure (especially for recruiting) for the next decade.

Even with that HUGE head start (i.e. your team was moving/staying in the old Big East which became the AAC and UCF was moving up from the "lowly" CUSA according to you), all UCF has done is win MORE Divisional and Conf Titles over EVERYONE else since 2013...while your team is still waiting for their first ever divisional title in the history of their program.

Do you want to change your history and switch places with UCF back in Nov 2003? (UCF was playing Football in the MAC and then the bulls got invited to join a BCS Conf and then UCF got invited to join CUSA). I didn't think so.

Again, if you say EVERY team has its ups and downs....when will usf ever get their first UP, i.e. divisional or conf title?

Edited by Knight_Light