• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Every school except USF can do it. We are the poorest university in the country and normal rules don’t apply to us.

A red seated stadium with a pirate ship in the end zone that’s 20 minutes off campus is the ultimate college experience. You know that!

Other schools want to emulate US. 

Rumor has it, and this is just a rumor of course....but I heard that UF is going to blow up the Swamp and build a newer stadium in Ocala. It’s going to have full liquor, a killer club level, a massive Jumbotron and multi-colored seats. It’s going to be awesome!

HOF post

Rack him.

• Haha 1

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm all-in for the on-campus stadium, but let's all step away from the edge of the Skyway on this UCF thing. Sports are cyclical. It's their "up" cycle right now. They won't maintain it. UF hasn't. FSU hasn't. UM hasn't. I give them one more year with Milton behind center, then it's back to Earth. Theirs is not a perennial Top 25 program.

UCF has been winning divisional and conf titles on a regular basis since 2005...and we did it again already in 2018. That's a pretty nice long "up cycle"...as the bulls are still waiting for their first EVER title of any sort (you have to hit a few before you can even call it a cycle).

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

UCF has been winning divisional and conf titles on a regular basis since 2005...and we did it again already in 2018. That's a pretty nice long "up cycle"...as the bulls are still waiting for their first EVER title of any sort (you have to hit a few before you can even call it a cycle).

...and yet you need to come here for confirmation...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

i'll drop this here again, for effect. *wallows in pity party with rest of you jabronis*

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/temple-university-football-stadium-details-plans-englert-20180329.html?arc404=true

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, psteazy said:

i'll drop this here again, for effect. *wallows in pity party with rest of you jabronis*

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/temple-university-football-stadium-details-plans-englert-20180329.html?arc404=true

Call me when the city government, unions and west Philly residents allow such a structure to be built. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

Every school except USF can do it. We are the poorest university in the country and normal rules don’t apply to us.

A red seated stadium with a pirate ship in the end zone that’s 20 minutes off campus is the ultimate college experience. You know that!

Other schools want to emulate US. 

Rumor has it, and this is just a rumor of course....but I heard that UF is going to blow up the Swamp and build a newer stadium in Ocala. It’s going to have full liquor, a killer club level, a massive Jumbotron and multi-colored seats. It’s going to be awesome!

Apis is absolutely going to delete this post.  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

42 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Apis is absolutely going to delete this post.  

Delete the post??

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Ray Jay is a recruiting tool. No way we would have the likes of Chris Oladokun or Marcus Norman without it.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

UCF and the bulls have been conf members since 2013 and here are the titles won by team/coach:

2013: UCF: AAC Championship: O'Leary (no divisions that season)

2014: UCF: AAC Championship: O'Leary (no divisions that season)

2017: UCF: AAC Divisional Championship Frost

2017: UCF: AAC Championship Frost

2018: UCF: AAC Divisional Championship: Heupel

One team with 3 different HC's won divisional and conf titles while the other is still waiting even for their first ever divisional championship, let alone conf championship, in their team's history.

Maybe UCF's investment in on-campus facilities has helped attract slightly better recruits and help bring in more donor $$$ over the years? UCF's has under construction a new football building plus is adding their 8th premium club upgrade to Spectrum Stadium since 2015. Of course, UCF just received a 7 figure donation from a UCF Grad couple to build recovery cove which will be added right next to the stadium, their new nutrition center and practice fields.

https://twitter.com/UCFDannyWhite/status/1063475817546682368

Winning is REALLY hard to do...regardless what conf or level a team is at but at least UCF is investing in more and more on-campus amenities to not only bring in more revenue but also, hopefully attract future student-athletes (and coaches too), that want to take advantage of what UCF has to offer.

I would think an OCS would bring in more donor $$$. There has to be data on that between UCF, Colorado State, Houston, and maybe a few others who have recently built stadiums. Too lazy to look it up right now,  but has anyone seen or looked that up?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I would think an OCS would bring in more donor $$$. There has to be data on that between UCF, Colorado State, Houston, and maybe a few others who have recently built stadiums. Too lazy to look it up right now,  but has anyone seen or looked that up?

Some things in life are just obvious, and USF needing an OCS to develop more excitement and tradition is one of them. Anyone who says otherwise has some ulterior motive and I just don’t get it.

The whole “it’s all about winning” is total bunk. Every single year in college football it’s Alabama and everyone else. Ask Cubs fans how much winning added to the game day experience up until recently. And no, before someone takes easy bait, make no mistake. I want to win and see the program build a winning tradition.

The whole “it’s about the conference” we are in is nonsense too. There is a ton of excitement all over the country at schools outside of the P5. There is also tradition at schools within the P5 that have zero legitimate chance at a National Championship or even Conference Championship year in most years.

There is no excitement on campus. Listen to the guy that posted up that has 2 students at USF now. His kids are telling him as much. Ray Jay is not our house, it never was and it never will be. 

The college campus is a special place. It is a place that alumni want to go back to and show their kids. It’s a place those kids aspire to go to one day to get their education. It’s a place some of those kids may be a 4-5 star athletes.

It’s all of those things and more. The idea that attendance and building tradition is ONLY winning and conference is just wrong. Period. I believe the people that are still clinging to this argument know it’s wrong too.

• Upvote 2