• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone still think Ray Jay is our stadium?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

It is a mental game we play with ourselves:

Thus, some here will try to justify in every which way possible why it is a good thing that we do not.  C having one only compounds this issue.  I firmly believe that if C did not have one, many would be far less opposed to the idea.  But, because C does have one, "we can't possibly build something like theirs."  This only perpetuates the problem.

Of Course an OCS would draw more students, of course we would be better off long term.  It has become such a silly argument that those that argue against it appear to be suffering from something like Trump Derangement Syndrome.  They are just unhinged.     

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Some things in life are just obvious, and USF needing an OCS to develop more excitement and tradition is one of them. Anyone who says otherwise has some ulterior motive and I just don’t get it.

The whole “it’s all about winning” is total bunk. Every single year in college football it’s Alabama and everyone else. Ask Cubs fans how much winning added to the game day experience up until recently. And no, before someone takes easy bait, make no mistake. I want to win and see the program build a winning tradition.

The whole “it’s about the conference” we are in is nonsense too. There is a ton of excitement all over the country at schools outside of the P5. There is also tradition at schools within the P5 that have zero legitimate chance at a National Championship or even Conference Championship year in most years.

There is no excitement on campus. Listen to the guy that posted up that has 2 students at USF now. His kids are telling him as much. Ray Jay is not our house, it never was and it never will be. 

The college campus is a special place. It is a place that alumni want to go back to and show their kids. It’s a place those kids aspire to go to one day to get their education. It’s a place some of those kids may be a 4-5 star athletes.

It’s all of those things and more. The idea that attendance and building tradition is ONLY winning and conference is just wrong. Period. I believe the people that are still clinging to this argument know it’s wrong too.

Okay, once again, I feel that I must preface what I'm going to say.  I want an OCS.

With that said, if all these benefits are, "obvious" please provide links that support these assertions.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Some things in life are just obvious, and USF needing an OCS to develop more excitement and tradition is one of them. Anyone who says otherwise has some ulterior motive and I just don’t get it.

The whole “it’s all about winning” is total bunk. Every single year in college football it’s Alabama and everyone else. Ask Cubs fans how much winning added to the game day experience up until recently. And no, before someone takes easy bait, make no mistake. I want to win and see the program build a winning tradition.

The whole “it’s about the conference” we are in is nonsense too. There is a ton of excitement all over the country at schools outside of the P5. There is also tradition at schools within the P5 that have zero legitimate chance at a National Championship or even Conference Championship year in most years.

There is no excitement on campus. Listen to the guy that posted up that has 2 students at USF now. His kids are telling him as much. Ray Jay is not our house, it never was and it never will be. 

The college campus is a special place. It is a place that alumni want to go back to and show their kids. It’s a place those kids aspire to go to one day to get their education. It’s a place some of those kids may be a 4-5 star athletes.

It’s all of those things and more. The idea that attendance and building tradition is ONLY winning and conference is just wrong. Period. I believe the people that are still clinging to this argument know it’s wrong too.

Yes, not sure why programs like FAU, FIU,  and now South Alabama can accomplish this (UAB too I believe), yet there are some on here that think it's just impossible, or totally idiotic for us to do it. I don't get too deep into this argument, just because I don't know much about the financial side of it, but if the teams I mentioned above can make it happen.....

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Okay, once again, I feel that I must preface what I'm going to say.  I want an OCS.

With that said, if all these benefits are, "obvious" please provide links that support these assertions.

There are enough c. florida links floating around this thread and others to support these assertions.  Not to mention what a google search about them would turn up.  If you believe that their attendance would be what it is with an off campus stadium, well, there is nothing that will change your mind.  Can you provide a link stating that an OCS has not propelled c florida's attendance and on campus experience?       

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

There are enough c. florida links floating around this thread and others to support these assertions.  Not to mention what a google search about them would turn up.  If you believe that their attendance would be what it is with an off campus stadium, well, there is nothing that will change your mind.  Can you provide a link stating that an OCS has not propelled c florida's attendance and on campus experience?       

They've obviously gone all-in on their Football program. Why the hesitancy at USF? Seems even many of the fans on here aren't crazy about the idea.

27 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

I've posted a variety of links in the past that show that an OCS does not increase attendance.  When UCF was losing, their brand new OCS was fairly empty.  Now that they're winning, the stadium gets packed.  Just my opinion, but if USF had the same success the past few years, Ray Jay would be packed

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I've posted a variety of links in the past that show that an OCS does not increase attendance.  When UCF was losing, their brand new OCS was fairly empty.  Now that they're winning, the stadium gets packed.  Just my opinion, but if USF had the same success the past few years, Ray Jay would be packed

If USF were in a Pee Five conference or equivalent, yes.  UCF has their front running phonies just as everyone does.  USF has front running phonies where the team must be winning and playing top notch, name brand teams to draw these days. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

27 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Proof of that?  

And, even if that were true, the gameday atmosphere at the Glazers’ house absolutely sucks.

2 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Proof of that? 

Proof of what?  My opinion, that I clearly stated was my opinion?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

37 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Proof of what?  My opinion, that I clearly stated was my opinion?

I thought you did an excellent job of proving your opinion when you said, “Just my opinion...”