• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The AAC East is the current king of DRAMA FACTOR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729
  • Days Won:  0

Finally a metric that has our conference at #1... 😉

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2018/10/9/17954724/college-football-standings-2018-conference-division-races-favorites

Note: I have redacted a certain team name to avoid any triggered reactions (except on #3 on the list because it just sounded so nice). 😁🤘

Partial article:

*** holds the key. Based on how the K*****s play over the next month and a half, a few scenarios could play out:

1. *** runs the table, putting the College Football Playoff committee in a very awkward situation. How high would they rank the K*****s after two consecutive unbeaten seasons, especially with last year’s Peach Bowl win over Auburn?
  2. *** loses, bringing chaos to the race for the Group of Five’s NY6 bid. An unbeaten *** obviously gets the nod. But an AAC champ *** with a loss at Memphis, Cincinnati, or USF vs. a one-loss Appalachian State (with only an OT loss at Penn State) vs. a one-loss Fresno State or Utah State (both of whom also only lost to Big Ten teams by single scores on the road)? A lot of teams would realistically stake a claim.
  3. UCF loses, bringing chaos to the AAC East race. Cincinnati and USF are still unbeaten too, and Temple is smoking hot after a rough start. *** could run the table, rendering this race entirely uninteresting, but one little slip could make this absolutely fascinating.

Most interesting remaining games: *** at Memphis (Oct. 13), Cincinnati at Temple (Oct. 20), USF at Houston (Oct. 27), Temple at *** (Nov. 1), USF at Cincinnati (Nov. 10), Cincinnati at *** (Nov. 17), USF at Temple (Nov. 17), *** at USF (Nov. 23). The AAC East is the current king of DRAMA FACTOR.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

seems like in #2 they do not give USF the same potential consideration to control their destiny to a NY6 bid. Either that assumes USF and the rest will lose one while beating UCF OR they don't see the two teams as equivalents. Only Cinci and USF have that shot from AAC but the author seems to ignore it.

There is a lot of drama in any conference. The sad thing for the AAC is that no one is campaigning for any team from this conference to be considered for a playoff spot-- because frankly-- it is NOT DESIGNED TO EVER INCLUDE ANY NON-P5 no matter what they say at face value or under others demanding that "this isn't fair". Yeah-- no one in control cares if it is not fair or how they look when they do not act fairly.

So no matter what, let's keep our concern where it might get us something we can win- namely the AACC

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

We are going to lose 4 of our last 5 games, so the nice start - while fun - will likely come to a halt in Houston and then end with consecutive losses at Cincinnati, at Temple and at home against UCF.

Positivity, I like it!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

We are going to lose 4 of our last 5 games, so the nice start - while fun - will likely come to a halt in Houston and then end with consecutive losses at Cincinnati, at Temple and at home against UCF.

BD8CF3ED-95B0-48C2-9D3A-28EDC043A308.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

BD8CF3ED-95B0-48C2-9D3A-28EDC043A308.jpeg

Skip Holtz 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

Skip Holtz 

I know you don’t like hearing this but if CJL didn’t get jobbed  he never would have had that chance. CSH was the anti-CJL which was the reason he was selected and the reason he was a miserable failure.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Just being realistic. Assuming we win at Tulsa and at home against UConn and get to 7-0, this is how I see it playing out:

• I don’t think our defense (#98 nationally) will be able to slow down Houston’s offense (#2 nationally)
  • I think we get by Tulane but will be interested to see what the line is as I don’t think we cover against a team that’s tougher than their record - either it’s close through out or Charlie pulls players out early with Cincinnati looming
  • I think our offense will struggle on the road against Cincinnati’s defense (#5 nationally)
  • With two conference losses already an no chance at the AAC East title, this is a classic laying-of-the-egg game as we go up to Philadelphia in November to play an improving Temple team
  • I think the team plays well against a UCF team that is firing on all cyclders, but the Knights are playing for something much bigger than a rivalry

This is no magical season. There is no defensive scheme that will keep this team from leaking like the Titanic. There is Quintin Flowers to save this coaching staff.

You need a talking to by CaliBull.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Meant to say there is no Quinton Flowers to save this staff this year.

Of course if we are up by 7 with 5 min to go against ucf and we need to hit our wide open TE over the middle, I like our chances better this year...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Of course if we are up by 7 with 5 min to go against ucf and we need to hit our wide open TE over the middle, I like our chances better this year...

In that situation Q would tuck and run and pick up chunk yardage.