• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The AAC East is the current king of DRAMA FACTOR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

In that situation Q would tuck and run and pick up chunk yardage.

Actually he overthrew a wide open Wilcox and we punted the ball...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh you meant that critical drive. He missed a ton of throws in that game 

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Oh you meant that critical drive. He missed a ton of throws in that game 

Yeah that one play is often forgotten...it was a killer 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Didn't Wilcox make a catch and then fumble?  Must be talking about different drives.

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Didn't Wilcox make a catch and then fumble?  Must be talking about different drives.

Yes, this was with 6 min left we had the lead and the ball

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

12 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Just being realistic. Assuming we win at Tulsa and at home against UConn and get to 7-0, this is how I see it playing out:

• I don’t think our defense (#98 nationally) will be able to slow down Houston’s offense (#2 nationally)
  • I think we get by Tulane but will be interested to see what the line is as I don’t think we cover against a team that’s tougher than their record - either it’s close through out or Charlie pulls players out early with Cincinnati looming
  • I think our offense will struggle on the road against Cincinnati’s defense (#5 nationally)
  • With two conference losses already an no chance at the AAC East title, this is a classic laying-of-the-egg game as we go up to Philadelphia in November to play an improving Temple team
  • I think the team plays well against a UCF team that is firing on all cyclders, but the Knights are playing for something much bigger than a rivalry

This is no magical season. There is no defensive scheme that will keep this team from leaking like the Titanic. There is Quintin Flowers to save this coaching staff.

the thread promised drama and you are delivering.

While your comments are not unrealistic, you might be a bit pessimistic for my tastes. Losing 4 of our last 5 is pretty drastic. This team has a lot of fight in it and despite all the yardage and mistakes, they find a way to rise to the occasion when pressed. That is not something you simply dismiss or call luck or ignore. Then again, let's hope the team starts playing with more consistency and doesn't put itself in such difficult positions to begin with. Short of some of us suiting up ( ;) ) or grabbing the coaches clipboard and taking over, I don't see what more we as fans can do at this point. 

Edited by MikeG

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

SO... you're blaming Q for that loss? In a game where he produced 605 yards of offense? Because he missed a throw? My God I hate being a USF fan sometimes.

39 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

SO... you're blaming Q for that loss? In a game where he produced 605 yards of offense? Because he missed a throw? My God I hate being a USF fan sometimes.

Where did I say I am blaming him? Yes, he is the goat but he ain’t perfect. What I am saying is that he missed a wide open TE and his passing quality on those types of throws was terrible (throughout his career). You know it’s not against the law to call out a key play in that game that many refuse to remember...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

39 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Where did I say I am blaming him? Yes, he is the goat but he ain’t perfect. What I am saying is that he missed a wide open TE and his passing quality on those types of throws was terrible (throughout his career). 

You can't honestly say that put in the same situation, BB wouldn't complete those same passes. QF was (and will be) one of the greatest players to play at USF, but Blake is a much more accurate passer and can still run the ball when needed (albeit not as effectively as QF). The loss was not QF's fault, but with a more effective passer in that game I feel like we win.

Just now, TheAccountant said:

You can't honestly say that put in the same situation, BB wouldn't complete those same passes. QF was (and will be) one of the greatest players to play at USF, but Blake is a much more accurate passer and can still run the ball when needed (albeit not as effectively as QF). The loss was not QF's fault, but with a more effective passer in that game I feel like we win.

This. I am very interested to see how we do moving forward with a quality pocket passer. We have tried the running QB and still no hardware,