• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The AAC East is the current king of DRAMA FACTOR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This. I am very interested to see how we do moving forward with a quality pocket passer. We have tried the running QB and still no hardware, 

No offense but 500 yards passing with 4 TDs plus another 100 yards rushing and a TD was not the reason we lost to UCF or the reason we didn't win a conference championship.

It's amazing the lack of respect some of you have for Flowers.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

22 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

No offense but 500 yards passing with 4 TDs plus another 100 yards rushing and a TD was not the reason we lost to UCF or the reason we didn't win a conference championship.

Oh stop being whinny. I said he was the GOAT. All I am saying is he missed the pass that would have made the difference. 

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh stop being whinny. I said he was the GOAT. All I am saying is he missed the pass that would have made the difference. 

sounds like you are the one whining. It's dumb to blame a loss on one play or the fact that you don't win a conference championship on one player. especially when the player you are trying to blame was the only reason we even stood a chance in that game(500 yards passing 4 TDs 100 yards rushing 1 TD) and was  a big reason for our turnaround.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

59 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

This... I think people forget how many games he put the team on his back and willed us to victory. People get hung up on stats or style. I care about WINS and Q did it better than anyone we have had. I would almost argue that the game Q had against UCF was the greatest individual performance at least in the history of our program and our conference, maybe in the past decade in NCAA football period... but you know... he did miss that one throw.

35 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Barnett misses passes too... you know what... so does Tom Brady. Still, when the chips were down, Q was a gamer. You know what else would have made a difference in that game? Kick the **** ball through the end zone... or, tackle on a return, or, don't give up 49 points in the game. But, by all means, let's hone in on the one "real" thing that made a difference, Q missing that one throw. Of course, if we score a TD there, there was 0% chance that they run our kickoff back for a TD right?

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

sounds like you are the one whining. It's dumb to blame a loss on one play or the fact that you don't win a conference championship on one player. especially when the player you are trying to blame was the only reason we even stood a chance in that game(500 yards passing 4 TDs 100 yards rushing 1 TD) and was  a big reason for our turnaround.

I am not whining...all I am saying is that he missed a wide open TE that would have put us in a better position to win the game. He played incredible but that was a big miss. a God forbid if anyone questions Quinton Flowers... Blake Mrs. a pass that significant I will be all over his ass too. All I care about is winning championships so hell yes I will examine everything and everyone if we don’t get it. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am not whining...he missed a pass that’s all I am saying. God forbid if anyone questions Quinton Flowers...

The issue isn't with questioning him, I am the biggest QF fan on earth, but, I'll acknowledge that he wasn't perfect. The issue is the WHY. What purpose was there in bringing this up? You said you "like our chances better this year"... was that in general, or, if Q comes back, keeps us in that game, and for that 1 single play, we put BB in and he hits that throw?

The prior point (before this tangent) was that Q made things happen, which often times, did get us out of a bad play. It masked issues on the OL, it masked issues in play calling, it masked issues in the defense (or, better put, outscored a lot of teams that the defense couldn't stop). But, you took it to one game, one throw. Forget all of the good. We're better off because there is a chance that BB doesn't miss that throw. Why even go there? What is your angle? That's why it bothers me. It's out of left field and only serves to tear down a guy that did nothing but good things for this program.

Back on topic, for this team to do great things, the trenches need to be fixed ASAP. BB isn't going to perform up to his potential if he's constantly under pressure. And, if we can't stop the run on defense, we're going to get gashed and end up in one of those games where the offense is sitting on the sidelines the whole game.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am not whining...all I am saying is that he missed a wide open TE that would have put us in a better position to win the game. He played incredible but that was a big miss. a God forbid if anyone questions Quinton Flowers...all I care about is winning championships so hell yes I will examine everything and everyone if we don’t get it. 

You think Barnett's 2.5 YPC would have given us a better chance? Or his 2.25 TD:INT ratio?or the fact that he gets sacked twice as much as Flowers?

You constantly criticized Flowers for not being perfect. Guess what? Nobody is perfect.He was the last one to be blamed for that loss or for not winning a conference championship.

Edited by Bull94

14 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

You think Barnett's 2.5 YPC would have given us a better chance? Or his 2.25 TD:INT ratio?or the fact that he gets sacked twice as much as Flowers?

You constantly criticized Flowers for not being perfect. Guess what? Nobody is perfect.He was the last one to be blamed for that loss or for not winning a conference championship.

Absolutely not. If Barnett misses a pass when someone’s wide open and it costs us a championship sure I’ll be all over his ass.That includes any player....REGARDLESS.  It’s all about the hardware and again we have none.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

The issue isn't with questioning him, I am the biggest QF fan on earth, but, I'll acknowledge that he wasn't perfect. The issue is the WHY. What purpose was there in bringing this up? You said you "like our chances better this year"... was that in general, or, if Q comes back, keeps us in that game, and for that 1 single play, we put BB in and he hits that throw?

The prior point (before this tangent) was that Q made things happen, which often times, did get us out of a bad play. It masked issues on the OL, it masked issues in play calling, it masked issues in the defense (or, better put, outscored a lot of teams that the defense couldn't stop). But, you took it to one game, one throw. Forget all of the good. We're better off because there is a chance that BB doesn't miss that throw. Why even go there? What is your angle? That's why it bothers me. It's out of left field and only serves to tear down a guy that did nothing but good things for this program.

Back on topic, for this team to do great things, the trenches need to be fixed ASAP. BB isn't going to perform up to his potential if he's constantly under pressure. And, if we can't stop the run on defense, we're going to get gashed and end up in one of those games where the offense is sitting on the sidelines the whole game.

All I said in my initial post is maybe this QB will hit a wide open TE. That’s it! Jesus, Q missed an important pass...is there some problem with this? Again, am I not allowed to comment on his missing that pass...regardless of how well he played?  Worried about being teared down? Try being a 22 year fan of this program, never missing a game EVER, and still try to explain the fact we have NO championships. That’s all that matters to me and thus why I made the statement. 

39 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Absolutely not. If Barnett misses a pass when someone’s wide open and it costs us a championship sure I’ll be all over his ass.That includes any player....REGARDLESS.  It’s all about the hardware and again we have none.

Flowers missed pass didn't cost us a championship