• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defense Isn’t Improving

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  0

Another big issue is the penalties. Need to play smart and play physical. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Agree about the penalities.  Poor communication and being in the wrong spots can be understood with a lot of freshmen, but so many penalties are unacceptable.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,200
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Moreon said:

Another big issue is the penalties. Need to play smart and play physical. 

Yeah they did much better in the 2nd half than the first...the team was very sloppy that first half if they came out to play strong I think we could have scored 70+

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I don't mind going out there like business as usual. If they start losing and they're walking around like they are watching paint dry, that's different. But right now they have a job to do and they're doing it. That's all we can ask. Last year we were aggravated because we went from flashy to efficient. Now this year we didn't have a quarterback until one transferred in, and we're upset about this version of 5-0. I'll take any version of being one game away from bowling when I was emotionally prepping myself for a dumpster, fire post Quinton Flowers/ mobile quarterback. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To me, motivated/hyped is completely different from mentally prepared. Coaches should be responsible for mentally preparing the team, ie game plan, etc. If a player isn't motivated or hyped to play a game, especially at this level, that's on the player ... and there are times when it totally makes sense that one's not, especially games like UMass.

If that is the case the Georgia Tech game is the only game we were mentally prepared for. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  0

Starting conference games now. Need wins, hopefully playing UCF with both teams being undefeated. That will help get recognition at the end of the season. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Playing lots young players, penalties, and opponents scoring points?.... no connection at all

Sherlock.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

To me, motivated/hyped is completely different from mentally prepared. Coaches should be responsible for mentally preparing the team, ie game plan, etc. If a player isn't motivated or hyped to play a game, especially at this level, that's on the player ... and there are times when it totally makes sense that one's not, especially games like UMass.

6 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

If that is the case the Georgia Tech game is the only game we were mentally prepared for. 

Okay .... I guess .... Not being inside the heads of the players not sure how that can be quantified, one way or the other.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

who gives the motivational pregame speeches?

teams take on their coach's personality. Taggart's offense played with swagger. Leavitt's defense played with their hair on fire. Low T holtz had his choir boys ready for church.

At some point motivation dies down. In the end players have to play. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,548
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Azmodi said:

I don't know but, I think I read here on this board that UF is always over rated. :whistle:

lol Ha ha, year we get that a lot. But even unranked a p5 school like Florida should have spanked UMASS, but didnt.