• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU Game: Not a gimme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It's okay to be confident in the team, but really there's NO game that's a gimme and I'm pretty sure our coaches will have them preparing the same way.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

There use to be somebody on this board who would always sarcastically post "they are going to destroy us" lol I'm not sure who it was but it was funny. We can't sleep on any teams this is a weird year where teams are beating good teams and losing to bad teams. 

ECU will destroy us!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

19 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Most fans probably think that we can just phone this one in... After last week, this team needs to show up to play Bulls football. Any other assumption from the players is foolhardy.

East Carolina beats North Carolina 41-19 in instate matchup 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=401013103

lol... you do know North Carolina also has 13 suspended players because of the Nike shoe selling fiasco.  Not that it matters... but several were starters or projected starters... their starting QB, starting LB and two starting DBs... I also believe a RB and WR... and they weren't going to be good with those guys.  So yeah... you neglect to point out that they lost to a FCS team at home the week before. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

19 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

They were probably licking their chops watching us play Illinois. Illinois game planned very well against our offense and we didn’t execute well at all, and also shot ourselves in the foot multiple times. I’m hoping we come out firing on all cylinders. I got really frustrated by long yardage plays only to see us run it up the gut for 2-3 yards the next down. 

We don't repeatedly shoot ourselves in the foot against Illinois and we beat them handily. 600+ yards of offense is ridiculous. We literally couldn't have played any worse on offense and still won the game. That was a D- game for the offense and a B effort from the defense. I agree we can't take anyone for granted, but I think we beat ECU by at least 17. 

As for the 2 to 3 yard runs, you have to do that to keep the field open for the longer plays. You need to have that threat of Cronkrite ripping off a 20 yard run to move the safeties up a few yards and give our receivers a chance to go long. You need that middle run to catch the LBs cheating and creating an opening for Wilcox on a seam route. I will concede that our redzone offense needs to show some improvement, but the 2 to 3 yard plays are a necessity at times. 

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Not really worried about a school that rhymes with ***.

Edited to add asterisks to be PC....

Edited by 206BULL
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

#fakenews 

Bulls gonna roll.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

We don't repeatedly shoot ourselves in the foot against Illinois and we beat them handily. 600+ yards of offense is ridiculous. We literally couldn't have played any worse on offense and still won the game. That was a D- game for the offense and a B effort from the defense. I agree we can't take anyone for granted, but I think we beat ECU by at least 17. 

As for the 2 to 3 yard runs, you have to do that to keep the field open for the longer plays. You need to have that threat of Cronkrite ripping off a 20 yard run to move the safeties up a few yards and give our receivers a chance to go long. You need that middle run to catch the LBs cheating and creating an opening for Wilcox on a seam route. I will concede that our redzone offense needs to show some improvement, but the 2 to 3 yard plays are a necessity at times. 

By that very same logic we should have lost to Georgia tech when we gave up 600 yards

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Thebullsfan said:

#fakenews 

Bulls gonna roll.

Yep.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

16 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

By that very same logic we should have lost to Georgia tech when we gave up 600 yards

Not really... he said we gained 600 yds. and won but should have won by more. So in the same logic it would be GT gained 600 yds and lost but should've lost by less

• Upvote 1