• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU Game: Not a gimme

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BullFan98 said:

Anyone have access to the ECU boards?  Curious what their fans are saying about this game.

They’re whining about a Taggart play call where we scored a touchdown to run up the score or something of the sorts.  They’re saying it’s giving them “extra motivation.” Lol. I really don’t like ECU. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

ECU is fired up to prove something after the hurricane. 

We were sloppy last week. 

I agree. Trap game right here. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, Michael Medlin said:

were so bipolar on offense it’s gard to say what we’ll do. If Gilbert can actually string together two good quarters of play-calling we should be fine. If he pulls another Illinois where he’s complete crap for the first three, then we may have issues.

Agree. SG needs to tear those pages that call for false starts, tripping and interceptions right out of the playbook. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

59 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

They’re whining about a Taggart play call where we scored a touchdown to run up the score or something of the sorts.  They’re saying it’s giving them “extra motivation.” Lol. I really don’t like ECU. 

Lol, two years and a whole new coaching staff later and they are still mad about that?  Just because Q was still passing in the final seconds?  That's too lame for words.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Just go out and win. UNC is a dumpster fire this year, but end of day ECU trashed them and that's something to be respected. Two weeks to prepare does bother me. Sure, they've been worried about their family. But they got rested and they have confidence from their last game. 

I will point out what happened the last time CCS got upset at the team. They took the Tulane game and waxed them for three quarters. Hoping for a bit more of a complete effort here though. 

They had all offseason to prepare for an FCS team and lost. The extra week won’t help them much. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

I always get nervous when teams are coming off of some sort of emotional situation, like this hurricane. Plus the extra week where they were away from home and had nothing to do but focus on us. No class, etc. I think they're gonna come out hyped up and thinking upset. The quicker we get up on them, the better. Crush their hopes early. The longer they stick around the more they'll think it's their night.

One thing I feel better about is playing a pass first team. Our D is small and fast and built to defend the spread. We just played two offenses that like to pound the rock. It wasn't pretty at times, but we endured. The remaining offenses we face are more suited for our style of defense. Hopefully the D gets better week by week, the offense keeps putting up big points and we keep this thing rolling.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

53 minutes ago, Bobby said:

I always get nervous when teams are coming off of some sort of emotional situation, like this hurricane. Plus the extra week where they were away from home and had nothing to do but focus on us. No class, etc. I think they're gonna come out hyped up and thinking upset. The quicker we get up on them, the better. Crush their hopes early. The longer they stick around the more they'll think it's their night.

One thing I feel better about is playing a pass first team. Our D is small and fast and built to defend the spread. We just played two offenses that like to pound the rock. It wasn't pretty at times, but we endured. The remaining offenses we face are more suited for our style of defense. Hopefully the D gets better week by week, the offense keeps putting up big points and we keep this thing rolling.

Something tells me they’ve noticed that we can’t defend the run very well, though. This will probably make an impact on how pass heavy they are 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, BullFan98 said:

Anyone have access to the ECU boards?  Curious what their fans are saying about this game.

Not much talk at all. They have been neutered from their past three years of bottom dwelling status. 

• Upvote 1