• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU Game: Not a gimme

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,371
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Houston winning that game took a minor miracle (4th & 24), and that was a VERY good UCF team that beat us in a game we were in until the final minute. Illinois on the other hand, that was on Strong and company, and he said as much. He didn't have them ready, and it showed. Some on this forum rated the coaching an A for the first quarter of the season. I would probably go with a B mainly because of that Illinois game. They have shown the ability to make in-game adjustments though, and we're 3-0. 

BTW, I don't see this as a 50/50 game. It's probably more like 80/20. If we blow this at home somehow, being 21.5 favorites, I'm sure you will have a lot more people backing everything you just said....

Let's be honest, if we still had CWT or CSH we don't make the adjustments lose both games. It wasn't pretty but Strong had our bulls fighting to win.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

We are not as good as board members think we are. We have not blown anybody out. We have not sustained success in the offense of defense. Our kicking game is a mess. Unless something starts to jell we very well could be looking at an 8-4 season.  Maybe the prove me wrong tonight but so far we are a new team that is finding their identity.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,371
  • Days Won:  25

24 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

We are not as good as board members think we are. We have not blown anybody out. We have not sustained success in the offense of defense. Our kicking game is a mess. Unless something starts to jell we very well could be looking at an 8-4 season.  Maybe the prove me wrong tonight but so far we are a new team that is finding their identity.

I do not think we are great, but we can win the division and are good.  We can score. We can improve the kicking game and run defense over the course of the season. There are teams above us that do not have two wins against power 5 conferences and are undefeated. The biggest weakness will be the kicking game. We need to find a guy that can drill extra points and kicks from 30 yards out. By our recond and SOS we belong in the TOP 25. I hate UCF but they belong at at least 6. They beat Auburn and should stay ranked that high until they lose to USF. They have a winning streak going on and so do we. The problem is p6 and big money don't care about the little children at the adult table begging for scraps.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw