• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

55 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

No doubt!  Word on the street is that Frost may be at ucf for a bit and is in no hurry to leave.  I never imagined a scenario where CCS let us before Frost left ucf.  

💰 talks. He might stay, but I’d imagine a P5 team will offer him enough to get him to leave. Unfortunately teams not getting P5 money cannot afford to pay coaches like UF, Tennessee, Oregon etc. 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

UF Bowl! Winner of the UCiF vs USF game sends their head coach to UF the next day.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

On 11/9/2017 at 11:18 AM, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Couldn't find the thread that talked about this, so figured I'd just make a new one.

Seems like misdirection

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Stoops will stayed retired, Chip probably won't want another pressure cooker job... IMHO, Strong is the clear choice...

Stoops will stayed retired, Chip probably won't want another pressure cooker job... IMHO, Strong is the clear choice...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/29/2017 at 11:15 PM, Rex Havoc said:

I think they go after Frost 

If Frost was smart, he would stay where he is.  If Frost continues to win at UCF and Strong likewise at USF, perhaps they both go as a package to the Big 12, assuming that Texas and Oklahoma depart in the near future.  Unfortunately many of these egotistical football coaches don't understand what the term "quality of life" means.  Lots of pressure and way high expectations accompany jobs like UF.  Did not the great Urban Meyer need a year off after coaching there?  Remember, Greg Schiano was a king at Rutgers.  Go 8-4 or better every year up there and stay as long as you like.  And, you know the rest of the story!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/30/2017 at 7:11 AM, Gismo said:

A little surprised to hear Taggart being mentioned. Can you imagine Taggart and Leavitt in Gainesville? 

I have nothing but gratitude towards Jim Leavitt for building the USF football program from scratch.  He was passionate, just about always kept his teams motivated and in an era of the carousel of coaches, he loved just where he was.  Although I don't like the way USF and Coach Leavitt parted ways, sadly I don't think that as a head coach he had the ability to take us to the next level.  I can imagine Leavitt just about anywhere as an inspiring coordinator or defensive coach.  Regarding Taggart, let's see what he does up at Oregon the next couple of years or so.  'No way he gets the UF job in my opinion.  

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

The odds of both CCS and Frost remaining at their respective current jobs are very low. At least one of them will leave, I feel.

CCS: our attendance numbers and competition must be disturbing to him. To go from crowds at Texas to USF must be disheartening. When he came in and spoke of the OCS, he had visions of building USF into something special. But the realities of our community support and budget crunch (non-P5 money) must have made him think a bit. My question is how committed he is to USF vs. how committed he is to his career?

I certainly can see CCS taking an SEC job to get better attendance numbers and all of that, but it won't be what he had at Texas. But then Texas is one of the top programs in the country --maybe even deeper pockets than uf.

As for uf offering CCS, that's a retread hire for them. One would think they want more with what they have to offer. His results at Texas must have to weigh heavily in their plans.

Frost, he needs to go undefeated to get the uf job. If he goes undefeated, it would be insane to think that he's going to stay in Orlando. "What more can I do for this program if I stay?" I mean he could stay put and commute to uf.

If he doesn't go undefeated, Nebraska is there if he wants it. I bet he can get it now. But I don't know how loyal he is the current program.

CCS is a speed bump for USFs success.... the sooner this poser is gone, the better 

Edited by Skingraft
  • Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

CCS is a speed bump for USFs success.... the sooner this poser is gone, the better 

• Haha 1