• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, TyBull said:

Where is TJ Weist coaching?

Bruh....I think he i still jobless. Sucks too, he seems like a nice guy. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

3 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

Really hope some type of concrete Frost rumor leaks in the next week and a half...

I don't expect that to happen.

According to Pete Thamel, UF is focusing right now on Chip Kelly. If that doesn't work out they will consider Frost: 

"...We wrote the day after the firing that the three prime candidates for that position will be UCF’s Scott Frost, Chip Kelly and Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen. That trio still remains in focus, with sources indicating that a thorough vetting of Kelly has begun. That includes calls to NFL executives to do general background on Kelly and exploration of his NCAA issues at Oregon.

The timeline of the search may offer the most clues as to how Stricklin will play his hand. Don’t expect Florida to formally reach out or attempt to interview Frost until after the American Athletic Conference title game on Dec. 2. Central Florida (9-0) is blitzing through an undefeated season, and neither side has any interest breaking the sanctity of that run.

Frost, who became a father last week, is locked in on finishing this UCF season. He and his family are genuinely happy in Orlando and like everything about UCF.

When UCF’s season ends, he’ll evaluate his options through the prism of where he’s most likely be able to win a national title. The answer to that would still leave Florida as the most likely option, as the soon-to-be open job at Nebraska, his alma mater, simply doesn’t have the same recruiting base as Florida. Frost has developed a good reputation among high school coaches in the state in a short period, which could lead to a smooth transition to Gainesville."

Read more at: https://sports.yahoo.com/florida-tennessee-jobs-open-will-end-003816330.html

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I’m sure Scott loves living in Orlando, until Gainesville becomes an actual, better career move.

I think that UF will want to name a new HC ASAP because of the early signing period this year. This way their new coach will have as much time as possible to get to know their verbals and try and keep them in the fold.

Otherwise, many of those players will sign elsewhere.

Football (Early Period for Division I) December 20, 2017 December 22, 2017

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I don't see why they wouldn't want Chip Kelly. He's won more than Frost.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

20 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Bye bye Scotty 

Frost was UF's #1 choice and he turned them down. That's when they started vetting Chip.

The biggest upset of the season may not happen on the football field.....

18 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

I don't see why they wouldn't want Chip Kelly. He's won more than Frost.

Older and not as relatable to recruits as Frost. And the worry that he might be tempted to try the NFL again. Chip has admitted that he hates recruiting but you could pull in a Top 20 class at UF so not as much as a concern as other places.

Edited by ambienknights

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

Frost was UF's #1 choice and he turned them down. That's when they started vetting Chip.

The biggest upset of the season may not happen on the football field.....

Older and not as relatable to recruits as Frost. And the worry that he might be tempted to try the NFL again. Chip has admitted that he hates recruiting but you could pull in a Top 20 class at UF so not as much as a concern as other places.

I sure hope you are not under the delusion that Frost is staying at ucf....

4 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

Link?

Edited by Mama_Bull