• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

Best case is we win the conference and keep Strong.

:1352_muscle_tone3:

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Interesting read. I’d figure Tags would be more of a candidate at FSU than Ole Miss but I’m hard pressed to think he jumps after 1 year. Although had he stayed one more year I think he’d be all but a formality as UFs next coach. I really think Ole Miss pushes hard for Strong and would welcome Larry Scott back with open arms. He was my first choice last year and a lame duck season at UT under Butch Jones hasn’t changed that. 

As I previously posted a staff with Scott at HC with King as OC will tear up the recruiting trail. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Whoever takes over when CCS leaves, probably at the end of this year IMO, all I want is for them to take advantage of, and effectively utilize, the natural talents of the athletes we have and can get locally.

I want Willie's GCO and CCS's defense.

I wants speed. Not just downfield speed, but swarming speed to the ball on defense. Speed, speed, and more speed.

I want enthusiasm, I want coaches who WANT to be here, same for players, and I want them to show it.

No more "Mr. Nice Guys." Put the pedal to the metal and hold it there. No backing off. Ever. Style points matter in the G5, now more than ever.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Whoever takes over when CCS leaves, probably at the end of this year IMO, all I want is for them to take advantage of, and effectively utilize, the natural talents of the athletes we have and can get locally.

So, what you want is for us to find a coach who's current style greatly appeals to us, but then once we hire him and pay him a **** ton of money, tell him to stop doing the very things that made us want to hire him in the first place so he can do what one of the previous coaches did?

Edited by JTrue

Basically we want Gene Chizik, the 2010 version.  Changed his offense and won a natty.

He was a genius that year.

By paying Cam Newton tons of money to play for him.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

10 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Basically we want Gene Chizik, the 2010 version.  Changed his offense and won a natty.

He was a genius that year.

By paying Cam Newton tons of money to play for him.  

Oh, and I forgot to add, must be honest, ethical, brave trustworthy, and kind...

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

14 hours ago, 206BULL said:

Interesting read. I’d figure Tags would be more of a candidate at FSU than Ole Miss but I’m hard pressed to think he jumps after 1 year. Although had he stayed one more year I think he’d be all but a formality as UFs next coach. I really think Ole Miss pushes hard for Strong and would welcome Larry Scott back with open arms. He was my first choice last year and a lame duck season at UT under Butch Jones hasn’t changed that. 

As I previously posted a staff with Scott at HC with King as OC will tear up the recruiting trail. 

Scott couldn't run an offense to save his life at UT, I get the USF connection is attractive, but I don't think he's ready for a full-time head coaching job yet. I know he didn't do badly at Miami but I think there are better options. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, charsibb said:

Oh, and I forgot to add, must be honest, ethical, brave trustworthy, and kind...

Skip Holtz was all of those things, and look where that got us ... :FIREdevil: