• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

When asked at the presser if USF loses will the season be considered a failure, CCS responded by saying 9 wins would be a success.

Don't know if Tags would've answered that question the same way.  

Mindset and attitude are a funny thing.  The most successful college football coaches are not just good at Xs and Os but they're master psychologists and motivators.

Prove me wrong Strong.

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

When asked at the presser if USF loses will the season be considered a failure, CCS responded by saying 9 wins would be a success.

Mindset and attitude are a funny thing.  The most successful college football coaches are not just good at Xs and Os but they're master psychologists and motivators.

Prove me wrong Strong.

That’s likely coach speak to not add pressure on the players. I imagine any coach would have said the same thing. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

That’s likely coach speak to not add pressure on the players. I imagine any coach would have said the same thing. 

Except in a rivalry game your supposed to say something like, "This is a rivalry game.  No loss to them is every acceptable"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

First, what stupid ******* question to ask a coach. I keep getting burnt by holding the media to higher standards than message board **** stirrers ... Second, he's right.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Its not the answer I would be looking for.  Simply if you do not accomplish your goal then you have failed.  You can still learn from failures but it doesn't change the facts. The players know this and have high accountability for it.  Sad that HC does not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

33 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Prove me wrong Strong.

Who gives a **** what our former coach who never sniffed a championship would say to that question?

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

First, what stupid ******* question to ask a coach. I keep getting burnt by holding the media to higher standards than message board **** stirrers ... Second, he's right.

I agree Trip.  It was a dumb ass question to ask, but that's JK for you.  My point is I don't believe CWT would have answered it the same way.  I could see him saying something like, we're playing for a chance to win the first conference championship in school history and we're not even think about that...next question.

To just say it would still be a success kind of seems weak to me.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

31 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Except in a rivalry game your supposed to say something like, "This is a rivalry game.  No loss to them is every acceptable"

And then your team wins every time? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

Its not the answer I would be looking for.  Simply if you do not accomplish your goal then you have failed.  You can still learn from failures but it doesn't change the facts. The players know this and have high accountability for it.  Sad that HC does not.

How did the players respond when asked that question?

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Who gives a **** what our former coach who never sniffed a championship would say to that question?

I do.  I happen to like the confidence and swagger he effused.  Seems to be missing from this team.