• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, MMW said:

I think he will have P5 options but if I were him I would not jump ship to a SEC dumpster fire.  Especially if he is making P5 money here.  Next year or the year after he would have much better options.

This year will be like no other in terms of coaching moves.  Could be like 6 SEC openings depending how things fall.  If he waits to next year and we go 6-6 5-7 his stock may continue to fall and he gets furthered removed from his Louisville days. Who knows what he’s thinking but if he wants to get back to P5, and I believe he does, this may be the year to do it.

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

28 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This year will be like no other in terms of coaching moves.  Could be like 6 SEC openings depending how things fall.  If he waits to next year and we go 6-6 5-7 his stock may continue to fall and he gets furthered removed from his Louisville days. Who knows what he’s thinking but if he wants to get back to P5, and I believe he does, this may be the year to do it.

We won't go 6-6 or 5-7 next year.  8 wins minimum

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

35 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I would not be surprised at all if we lose Strong, Gilbert, or Jean-Mary. As it's been mentioned a couple times, this is definitely not the end goal for Strong. Gilbert could end up as a HC to a G5 school once the dominoes fall and the same goes for BJM. Out of the 3, I would more upset about BJM leaving as he has had the biggest impact on our team this season. Why BJM is not a finalist for the Broyles Award makes zero sense to me.

BJM may be a good DC, or it could be the influence of a great defensive mind in CCS. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The more I think about it, the less I like CCS as a head coach.

As CEO of any organization your main job is to entice customers, staff, and investors. CCS is no salesman.

But he would make a great COO, so his best place is as a Defensive Coordinator somewhere. He's the living personification of the Peter Principle

He needs to get over his pride, and go back to being a DC, where he can thrive. I wouldn't mind keeping him here as a DC.

But he doesn't understand the overall business enough to be the CEO. He thinks he's a sports coach, when in fact, he's head of an entertainment company.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 minutes ago, charsibb said:

As CEO of any organization your main job is to entice customers, staff, and investors. CCS is no salesman.

But he would make a great COO, so his best place is as a Defensive Coordinator somewhere. He's the living personification of the Peter Principle

He needs to get over his pride, and go back to being a DC, where he can thrive. I wouldn't mind keeping him here as a DC.

But he doesn't understand the overall business enough to be the CEO. He thinks he's a sports coach, when in fact, he's head of an entertainment company.

This is also true now in the classical music field where a conductor isn't about just the music anymore. They have to interact with the big money donors and subscribers and many hate that part of the job, just as CCS seems to.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

We won't go 6-6 or 5-7 next year.  8 wins minimum

You are 100% correct here.Some think we are playing a n the ACC not AAC. Talent alone gets us 7 or 8 wins. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, charsibb said:

I am starting to lean that way (mama always said I was kind of slow to catch on). But I am giving the entire coaching a pass until I see how these last three (hopefully) games go and the start of next year (with their own players)...assuming they are still here. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

1. Strong isn't leaving.

2. King is probably ready to be a HC. He needs a seasoned OC and a good DC. 

This was purely speculative and based in a universe where CCS left and Dawsey would be a legit HC candidate.  The universe the person I quoted apparently lives in.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am starting to lean that way (mama always said I was kind of slow to catch on). But I am giving the entire coaching a pass until I see how these last three (hopefully) games go and the start of next year (with their own players)...assuming they are still here. 

As great as Flowers has been, I think Oladokun fits CCS and Gilbert's offense better.