• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS and Coaching Openings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Tennessee just entered the dance. They have deep pockets, too. Well, deeper than most P5 schools.

It's going to absolutely come down to how loyal CCS feels about USF.

With just a one-year stint where he didn't build anything and it will be a rebuild year next season, I don't know the answer.

If it were me, I'd never leave USF. :roflmao:

Absolute ZERO would be my guess

3 hours ago, Blackice12 said:

I believe due to his contract CCS will stay atleast one more year. Remember Texas is still paying the majority of his salary around $4.5M. 

(This is no different than Skip Holtz going to LA Tech after USF)

I highly doubt he cares where is $5mil comes from.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

27 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Absolute ZERO would be my guess

I highly doubt he cares where is $5mil comes from.

IT COMES DOWN TO A ton of money.you cant fault a coach leaving for millions

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

59 minutes ago, smazza said:

Yep!  And if you're sitting in your office today and no one is calling or if you're not looking (even for a few minutes) you're a fool.  Please don't fall that myth "loyalty".  CCS and everyone else has it to one group, your family.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Isn't he still being paid a ****-ton of money right now (most of it by Texas)?  If he leave's after this season, I don't think it would be for money.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

It's interesting the feelings that we have when USF is firing a football coach vs. fans wanting a coach to stay at USF.

Both are no fun, but I'd rather have the latter than the former.

2 hours ago, smazza said:

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Yep!  And if you're sitting in your office today and no one is calling or if you're not looking (even for a few minutes) you're a fool.  Please don't fall that myth "loyalty".  CCS and everyone else has it to one group, your family.

Go Bulls!

Pretty much exactly what I said, well, except for calling someone a fool for not chasing money. That's not the most important thing in the lives of some.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Go Bulls!

Sure, but it depends on how you define family. I kid people that I've been adopted not hired, and it's only half a joke.

Money wouldn't be enough to make me leave someone in the lurch, it'd have to be something more than money (challenge, uniqueness, diversity, etc)

But then, I hardly represent the average under the normal curve, lol

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

If Coach Strong is going to leave this would be the year because he loses most of the team next year.  We dont really know what we have next year.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

59 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Pretty much exactly what I said, well, except for calling someone a fool for not chasing money. That's not the most important thing in the lives of some.

No, it's not but $5M goes a lot further in MS than it does in FL. Quality of life? Well, Houston and Atlanta are short hops by air (and New Orleans isn't too far by car), and I'm sure an SEC school will make a private jet available for his family's personal use if that's what they want. I suspect if Strong stays it will be his wife not wanting to leave Tampa-and again, that argument can be pushed away if a private jet or free flights are available. 

I just hope that if CCS gets hired away we don't go after another retread like Butch Jones. With an IPF (and more to come) in place there will be some good options from CUSA and the Sun Belt. Butch Davis has done the difficult and turned FIU around (and this guy was gunning for the USF job-perhaps people will listen now?). 

I also like the job Neil Brown has done at Troy. It's possible he's in the running for a mid-tier SEC job, but if he's not he would be ready to go here at USF. They're on track for another 10 win season after going 10-3 last year (with a 6 point loss to national champion Clemson), and beat a top 25 LSU team this year. His QB regressed this year, however, which is cause for concern. 

2 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

if you're sitting in your office today and no one is calling or if you're not looking (even for a few minutes) you're a fool.

I'm a fool, but at least a happy and contented fool loving life...

• Like 1