• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Where's the Vinik effect?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

6 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Mark Harlan tweeted back to me and said, regarding the need for him to fix attendance issues, he "got it." Something's got to change, and I think he realizes that. No benefit to "national exposure" on Thursday night if your team wins 43-7 but everyone is talking about crappy attendance.

Say what you want about cush seats, HD video, and club seats. Give me an OCS with bleachers and green and gold decor, that seats 30-35K, and that would at least look better on TV. People bash Central for their erector set stadium but at this point I'd be ecstatic with something like that but a little nicer. Waiting 10 years for a $200m stadium that we can't afford and may or may not get built could kill this program. I'm officially in the smaller, expandable OCS soon (3-5 years) camp.

EDIT: an OCS is NOT a reward for good attendance, so put that crap away. An OCS of some kind is a necessity for the long-term viability of this program at the FBS level IMHO. All other G5 teams in Florida seem to understand that except for USF because of our long-gone BCS status.

This is exactly what needs to happen

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

7 hours ago, Leviathan said:

GAME INFO

South Florida Bulls @ Houston Cougars: Oct 31, 2013

Attendance: 22707

1 hour ago, cougar king said:

1. We weren't ranked 

2. We played in 3 different stadiums that year while our new OCS was being built. (USF should look into that.)

3. That 22k on a Thursday Halloween night was an actual 22k unlike what we saw on tv last night.

4.I guarantee our game this upcoming Saturday is gonna have a good crowd that you'll be jealous of.

So, you're basically admitting that your fans are just as fickle as anyone else (at least ours are consistent, they don't show up win or lose) ... 

You also admit that Houston fans care more about Halloween candy than they do about football ... 

It's cute that you're excited about a bunch of Cougar fans showing up to watch your team lose.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

You can't wish something into existence.  The conference and home schedule are terrible.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

28 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Mark Harlan tweeted back to me and said, regarding the need for him to fix attendance issues, he "got it." Something's got to change, and I think he realizes that. No benefit to "national exposure" on Thursday night if your team wins 43-7 but everyone is talking about crappy attendance.

Say what you want about cush seats, HD video, and club seats. Give me an OCS with bleachers and green and gold decor, that seats 30-35K, and that would at least look better on TV. People bash Central for their erector set stadium but at this point I'd be ecstatic with something like that but a little nicer. Waiting 10 years for a $200m stadium that we can't afford and may or may not get built could kill this program. I'm officially in the smaller, expandable OCS soon (3-5 years) camp.

EDIT: an OCS is NOT a reward for good attendance, so put that crap away. An OCS of some kind is a necessity for the long-term viability of this program at the FBS level IMHO. All other G5 teams in Florida seem to understand that except for USF because of our long-gone BCS status.

On top of that, please no seat backs in the student section. I was constantly yelling for people in the front rows to stand up. It's pathetic. They may have had an "ok" turnout, but the energy levels from them were sad.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Thursday night game against Temple.  That isn't going to fill the stadium, but it gets TV exposure.  TV always wins.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Thursday night game against Temple.  That isn't going to fill the stadium, but it gets TV exposure.  TV always wins.

Does just sucks that the east side of stadium is so empty and most on west side.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

9 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

This. One of our marketing guys loves the weeknight games. Would like to have butts in seats but loves the TV exposure more. Our daughter and grandsons couldn't make the game on a school night.  They made it to the Friday night game but I'm sure won't be there for the Tulsa game.  

I'm sure our OC isn't thinking about attendance when calling plays but that was another really hard game to watch. We've had 3 of those now.  Only the Illinois game was fun to witness.  I'll always show up - at least for the next few years.  

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,345
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This is a freaking top 25 come on people they deserve better

I know but the ones that came were the best ones- the loudest and proudest.

• Upvote 1