• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, Brad said:

1. Fired the godfather, Jim Leavitt 

2.  Got kicked to - or blazed our own path to (depending on who you believe) -  the AAC

It's hard to pretend that destruction didn't have a big impact on things.   

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

24,325 was the announced attendance which is pathetic

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

Pardon the pun but y'all make a lot of bullcrap excuses. There's absolutely no reason why a ranked team should have a crowd this bad.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

We really screwed the pooch last year getting killed vs FSU last year.  If we had won that game maybe we get a nice little boost in attendance that would have carried over some into this year. 

But the Alumni that like college football that dont go to USF games should be ashamed.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

I went to every game whenI lived in Tampa, why wouldn't you?

Now that I live in North GA with a family, I can't make it. I really miss live USF games... 

No excuse for alumni not showing up. 

This team deserves better...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Brought five other people in my group tonight. Some of us are trying.

To those that can't make the games for whatever reason: are you doing anything to get people interested in going? Or are you just angrily tweeting at the times reporters from the comfort of your home? I think I'm more tired of the complaining and no one trying to do anything about it.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

If you thought tonight was bad, Tulsa will be worse unless some free tickets are heavily promoted. And the return of the team walk to the tailgate was a huge bust at 5:00. CCS was first off the bus and did not look happy. We'll be fine the next 2 Saturday games but after that who knows?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

At this point they should just give 5k of tickets away to specific groups each game (teachers, fire fighters, police, nurses, etc). That **** tonight was friggin bad and sad at the same time. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Ccooler weather will bring out the casual fans.  But yea enough talking about it.  Build the ocs just so we can have green seats I say.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Hem said:

I heard some saying some kind of tests (mid-term/finals) for students, some saying it's a weeknight, sounds like BS to me...I will say the season ticket holder side always looks good. Students didn't show...and casual fans haven't been seen all year. 

I blame the conference we've been regulated to. Casual tampa fans don't want to see us play Temple. They want WVU/PITT/UL, they want bigger names. And I know it's a catch 22 b/c people will argue we need to show up to look attractive to another conference if/when something happens...but we already did. Tampa showed up to the Big East, they aren't showing up the American.

This is the exact issue. Our conference is garbage. I only get excited for Navy, UCONN and Cinci games. Now imagine the casual fan. Nobody gets excited for Temple vs USF. Even if we were ranked #1 in the country we'd have piss poor attendance for a game against the likes of Temple, SMU, ECU, Tulane. I guarantee if we were ranked #21 playing WVU, Pitt, UL or Rutgers, we would have a much better crowd. Until we can get a better schedule and conference, USF is screwed on the attendance front, it's just not exciting enough for the typical fan.

• Upvote 1