• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

46 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Mark Harlan tweeted back to me and said, regarding the need for him to fix attendance issues, he "got it." Something's got to change, and I think he realizes that. No benefit to "national exposure" on Thursday night if your team wins 43-7 but everyone is talking about crappy attendance.

Say what you want about cush seats, HD video, and club seats. Give me an OCS with bleachers and green and gold decor, that seats 30-35K, and that would at least look better on TV. People bash Central for their erector set stadium but at this point I'd be ecstatic with something like that but a little nicer. Waiting 10 years for a $200m stadium that we can't afford and may or may not get built could kill this program. I'm officially in the smaller, expandable OCS soon (3-5 years) camp.

EDIT: an OCS is NOT a reward for good attendance, so put that crap away. An OCS of some kind is a necessity for the long-term viability of this program at the FBS level IMHO. All other G5 teams in Florida seem to understand that except for USF because of our long-gone BCS status.

This. I said this after CWT 1st season that RJS is bad for USF. A smaller OCS is needed to help the overall atmosphere. I will give credit to the fans that did show up as they made some noise that csused Temple to false start but they need more help.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Yep Ray Jay is just a atmosphere killer. We dont need a 40k+ seat stadium..30k with maybe 5k berm seating would be a great starter stadium for us.  Can always expand it down the road.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Sierra048 said:

ForsetBull, where in N. Georgia are you?

Canton. Just moved from Woodstock

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  1

Two different texts I received from out of town friends...

"Are you at the USF game? I'm in DC, visiting my Dad. Stands look like lots of fans came as red seats."

"What's the deal w the crowd at the Bulls game? #21 in the nation, only game on TV. Embarrassing. Looks like there are about 2,000 people there."

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

35000 seats sounds good to me. 40 at most. Use Ray Jay when we need to

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, rich.sessums said:

Two different texts I received from out of town friends...

"Are you at the USF game? I'm in DC, visiting my Dad. Stands look like lots of fans came as red seats."

"What's the deal w the crowd at the Bulls game? #21 in the nation, only game on TV. Embarrassing. Looks like there are about 2,000 people there."

My father-in-law texted me and asked where all the fans were.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

So, you're basically admitting that your fans are just as fickle as anyone else (at least ours are consistent, they don't show up win or lose) ... 

You also admit that Houston fans care more about Halloween candy than they do about football ... 

It's cute that you're excited about a bunch of Cougar fans showing up to watch your team lose.  

Yes, Houston is fickle though we've stayed over 30k since 2010, 2013 being the obvious exception.

We're most likely not going to lose to Texas Tech but you see unlike USF we play opponents with a pulse and actially beat them. If your team keeps playing the way they're playing, they won't win on October 28.

You guys can't use the AAC as an excuse when Houston, Memphis, ECU, Cincinnati and your friends in Orlando are putting 40,000 and more into their stadiums for AAC games. 

USF needs to be playing on campus asap. Our student section alone has 5 times as many people that showed at that game last night.

Edited by cougar king

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I can tell you why I'm not going to many games this season. I had season tickets in the past, but dropped them a few years ago when my second son was born and simply didn't have the time to attend as often. I almost bought them last year, but didn't pull the trigger and just purchased single game tickets to the ones I could get to (was a little miffed to see that USF got rid of the Faculty/Staff season tickets, but whatever). This year, I was absolutely going to buy after last season's success and this season's potential and then I looked at our schedule...pass. 

Stony Brook - Woof. I went last year to our FCS sacrifice and had to listen to my kids ******** about the fact that RJS only opened half the concessions and not the ones selling ice cream.

Illinois - Friday night, tough to get home from work and turn right around for the stadium with two little kids in tow, and know I'm not going to see the second half because they're not staying up that late. Also, woof.

Temple - Thursday night, ditto. But now it's a school night. My kids are in bed at 8:30 and we're not even in the second quarter.

UMass - It's UMass. But, hey, it's a Saturday. So that's a positive.

Cincinnati - I'll be there for this game. Always enjoy playing them and it's a Saturday.

Houston - Same as Cincy. Plus, I'm hoping they'll be ranked.

Tulsa - Thursday night. Again, not walking in the door after 5:00 and turning around in an hour with a 7 and 4 year old to get them to the stadium for a game that won't end until after 11:00. 

So, for me, season tickets would have meant going to 4 total games. Stony Brook, UMass, Cincy, and Houston. Instead, I'm purchasing single game tickets for Cincy and Houston and going to the UCF game. Gave a little extra to the academic side of the University.

Sorry, everyone. But I don't have the disposable income to just throw away money because the program needs me to.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I can tell you why I'm not going to many games this season. I had season tickets in the past, but dropped them a few years ago when my second son was born and simply didn't have the time to attend as often. I almost bought them last year, but didn't pull the trigger and just purchased single game tickets to the ones I could get to (was a little miffed to see that USF got rid of the Faculty/Staff season tickets, but whatever). This year, I was absolutely going to buy after last season's success and this season's potential and then I looked at our schedule...pass. 

Stony Brook - Woof. I went last year to our FCS sacrifice and had to listen to my kids ******** about the fact that RJS only opened half the concessions and not the ones selling ice cream.

Illinois - Friday night, tough to get home from work and turn right around for the stadium with two little kids in tow, and know I'm not going to see the second half because they're not staying up that late. Also, woof.

Temple - Thursday night, ditto. But now it's a school night. My kids are in bed at 8:30 and we're not even in the second quarter.

UMass - It's UMass. But, hey, it's a Saturday. So that's a positive.

Cincinnati - I'll be there for this game. Always enjoy playing them and it's a Saturday.

Houston - Same as Cincy. Plus, I'm hoping they'll be ranked.

Tulsa - Thursday night. Again, not walking in the door after 5:00 and turning around in an hour with a 7 and 4 year old to get them to the stadium for a game that won't end until after 11:00. 

So, for me, season tickets would have meant going to 4 total games. Stony Brook, UMass, Cincy, and Houston. Instead, I'm purchasing single game tickets for Cincy and Houston and going to the UCF game. Gave a little extra to the academic side of the University.

Sorry, everyone. But I don't have the disposable income to just throw away money because the program "needs me" to.

I have no idea what your stance is on the attendance subject. But as long as you aren't complaining about it this is totally understandable. Just hope you aren't one of the guys bitchin. 

We have a friend that comes to some games (he's a Michigan State fan but follows the Bulls a bit now) and he always buys tickets for $10 for the games he attends.  I'm guessing Stub Hub???  So there is that for you.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, cougar king said:

Yes, Houston is fickle though we've stayed over 30k since 2010, 2013 being the obvious exception.

We're most likely not going to lose to Texas Tech but you see unlike USF we play opponents with a pulse and actially beat them. If your team keeps playing the way they're playing, they won't win on October 28.

You guys can't use the AAC as an excuse when Houston, Memphis, ECU, Cincinnati and your friends in Orlando are putting 40,000 and more into their stadiums for AAC games. 

USF needs to be playing on campus asap. Our student section alone has 5 times as many people that showed at that game last night.

I agree about the OCS is needed asap. USF schedule took a hit when the Wisconsin game was moved.