• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder if the attendance issues are the lingering effects of USF's management mistakes since CJL's departure? I think we lost more momentum than we realize during Holtz's years and with the first few until the team took off under Taggart. A lot of students went through the USF system during that period.

I believe it is going to take more time than we care to admit to make up that lost ground.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, cougar king said:

2016 Houston vs Cincinnati at Nippert Stadium

Attendance- 40,015

Now go have several seats and let the adults continue the discussion.

No need to be a douche.  See you on 10/28!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, TheHorn said:

I wonder if the attendance issues are the lingering effects of USF's management mistakes since CJL's departure? I think we lost more momentum than we realize during Holtz's years and with the first few until the team took off under Taggart. A lot of students went through the USF system during that period.

I believe it is going to take more time than we care to admit to make up that lost ground.

Holtz era + first couple of years of xCWT era + relegated to the G5 + uninspired home schedule + media sniping (outside of Knight) = low attendance

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867

Mumford and Sons concert last night? maybe that had something to to with it... 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

18 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I wear the gear, talk to other people about USF football and try and get people to the games.  Not sure what else to do. Time for Harlan and the University to figure this out.

I think that's what you should do as a fan.  The problem is that you can't fake a high profile brand.  People see through it when your OOC games are Stony Brook and UMASS and your conference is trash on the national stage...

Not to say it can't be done, but it's a long uphill battle in the AAC.  I see the solution is tap into the massive alumni base by getting them back on campus.  Pride will build.  And for the love of Christ, schedule up.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

The weeknight games are tough. If you look around the country I think it seems like  a lot of the mid season weeknight games are poorly attended. My girlfriend and I have had seasons tickets for years and we are both alumni but she would have been okay with skipping that game yesterday because she has so much work to do. We went anyway and stayed til the end but she was ready to leave in the third quarter. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

I have more fun when there is no one there to watch. I had a great time Wednesday night. Unfortunately, they didn't turn the lights on. I still had fun though. 

• Content Count:  361

4 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Holtz era + first couple of years of xCWT era + relegated to the G5 + uninspired home schedule + media sniping (outside of Knight) = low attendance

Totally agree.

I live 1500 miles away so it's hard for me to criticize people for not going to the games. However to create excitement in the community everything needs to be working on all cylinders. 

1. A good Team 👍

2. High expectations 👍

3. University support & outreach i.e.; a marketing statagy ?

4. Student support ?

5. Media support 👎

I don't believe that the local media's job is to carry the water for the program.

However it seems  to me that if they participated in creating excitement rather than just constantly listing the deficiencies of the program and work along with the University  to create a buzz in the community that could drive attendance it would benefit them most of all.

Living so far away, my only contact with the program is either through blog post like this or media .I can tell you that it seems that the majority of stories focus on what is wrong with this program or what needs to fixed. 

This team has enough positives going for it that expectations and excitement should be through the roof. IMO after reading most media reports you think just the opposite.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  361

Example: the Team is 4-0. Averaging more than 30 points and a vastly improved defense and the local reporter votes them out of the top 25. How ignorant is that. because in his view they  weren't impressive enough.

If I am a fan in the Tampa area and I read that type of analysis what do  you think my motivation is to go to the game. when I'm being told that USF Is not living up to their expectations. they're not as exciting as they need to be they won by 30 but they should've won by 60.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

There are 7 opportunities per year to watch the Bulls at home and I try and schedule my life around these games so I can attend every one.  I could give a rats ass who they're playing.  Sure, it's great when FSU comes to town or Wisconsin, but I'm there regardless.  Guess I'm just weird.

I'd say most on here who live locally are at every game. I know my 6 tickets are used every week. Having better opponents would get the casual fans attention.