• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Someone should camp on a billboard on 275 until USF sells 50k tickets for Cincinnati :) 

Make this a regional cause and get a lot of public support?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

Someone should camp on a billboard on 275 until USF sells 50k tickets for Cincinnati :) 

Make this a regional cause and get a lot of public support?

Free beer in RayJay if we get 50k through the turnstiles.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,260
  • Days Won:  1

Let's face it tampa is not a college football town at least compared to Gainesville or Tallahassee. The 4 years we really sucked killed the attendance and it will take years of winning to get the fans back. Now getting into a p5 conference would definitely help but we really need to keep winning to get the fans back. The best case scenario for us is to run the table and have Memphis run the table and play them in the conference title. Both teams would be ranked in the top 20 possibly 15 and if host that game the attendance will be good for that game possibly above 50k

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I wear the gear, talk to other people about USF football and try and get people to the games.  Not sure what else to do. Time for Harlan and the University to figure this out.

I'm constantly talking to people about coming to games, checking out the campus etc. I agree with you that USF hasnt done its part. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Let's face it tampa is not a college football town at least compared to Gainesville or Tallahassee. The 4 years we really sucked killed the attendance and it will take years of winning to get the fans back. Now getting into a p5 conference would definitely help but we really need to keep winning to get the fans back. The best case scenario for us is to run the table and have Memphis run the table and play them in the conference title. Both teams would be ranked in the top 20 possibly 15 and if host that game the attendance will be good for that game possibly above 50k

In that scenario, I don't see anymore than 40k and that's a stretch.   Butts in seats last night will be 14-16k.  Don't think there are an extra 25k fans that will come out for an AAC championship game.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Does just sucks that the east side of stadium is so empty and most on west side.

Yeah, that is an entirely different issue the school should try to remedy somehow.   I mean, this is 2017, there must be a way to get more camera angles of the other side of the stadium.  it isn't rocket science.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Yeah, that is an entirely different issue the school should try to remedy somehow.   I mean, this is 2017, there must be a way to get more camera angles of the other side of the stadium.  it isn't rocket science.

I wonder if they could just move tv camera on other side..the tv crew is watching from box not tv.  It seems trivial but if you saw pretty packed stands on tv people will start to think our product is worth attending live.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16

35 minutes ago, Massbull said:

5. Media support 👎

I don't believe that the local media's job is to carry the water for the program.

However it seems  to me that if they participated in creating excitement rather than just constantly listing the deficiencies of the program and work along with the University  to create a buzz in the community that could drive attendance it would benefit them most of all.

20 minutes ago, Massbull said:

Example: the Team is 4-0. Averaging more than 30 points and a vastly improved defense and the local reporter votes them out of the top 25. How ignorant is that. because in his view they  weren't impressive enough.

If I am a fan in the Tampa area and I read that type of analysis what do  you think my motivation is to go to the game. when I'm being told that USF Is not living up to their expectations. they're not as exciting as they need to be they won by 30 but they should've won by 60.

This.

I think the media plays a huge role in getting fans excited about going to games. Locally, we have beat writers that focus more on the negative than the positive. Nationally, it seemed like the ESPN announcers were putting USF down the entire game (with some exceptions). I think there is extreme bias against USF.

I don't think the opponent is the problem. Penn State drew over 100k fans to watch them play Akron. Miami drew over 50k to watch a game against Bethune-Cookman, etc, etc... Obviously, we'd all rather see better opponents.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, DCBull said:

This.

I think the media plays a huge role in getting fans excited about going to games. Locally, we have beat writers that focus more on the negative than the positive. Nationally, it seemed like the ESPN announcers were putting USF down the entire game (with some exceptions). I think there is extreme bias against USF.

I don't think the opponent is the problem. Penn State drew over 100k fans to watch them play Akron. Miami drew over 50k to watch a game against Bethune-Cookman, etc, etc... Obviously, we'd all rather see better opponents.

I think the beat writer (Knight) is pretty even keeled.  It's the columnists (Jones and Fennelly) that only seem to write about USF when they can get in a barb or two.  If they wrote positive pieces as well, the negative ones wouldn't bother me as much.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

I dont care who comes. I live in North Carolina and I am going to the East Carolina game. Taking my kids. Building tradition. We need to keep building this tradition.  Look how long it took the Bucs to build a fanbase.  The Lightning built their fan base fast but we are a different animal.  IN order to be successful in that large stadium we need 50,000 fans per game. Without being in large conference or playing better teams causual fans will stay at home except the diehards. #Bull4life