• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

There are 7 opportunities per year to watch the Bulls at home and I try and schedule my life around these games so I can attend every one.  I could give a rats ass who they're playing.  Sure, it's great when FSU comes to town or Wisconsin, but I'm there regardless.  Guess I'm just weird.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Attendance problem goes deeper than schedule.  Look at FSU game last year.  Yeah there were over 50k in attendance but 25-30k were FSU fans.  I'm in section 112 and it was 60/40 FSU to USF in my section.

There is very little passion and pride for USF athletics.  When that changes, attendance will improve regardless of opponents.

USF has an older fan base and lots of older people didn't go because either was a noon September kick. I know of 2 people in my row that didn't come because of the heat. Other people sold them as a cash grab and hit the beach instead. On top of that, the guy with tickets next to me doesn't show up for terrible games. Didn't attend last night and only came to maybe 3 games last year. There is zero press for the team locally and nationally. Our conference is terrible and at the kids table with no reward for winning it. There isn't a **** thing worth playing for other than pride. Sorry, but that isn't gonna draw the causal or even some more hard fans from couches. Do you not remember how talked about our games were when we were ranked and in the big east playing WVU, Lou, Pitt or even Rutgers? It was actually a topic on ESPN regarding national impacts. Now our games mean absolutely jack chit. Nobody cares but the diehards. In a million years USF will never have great attendance with games like ECU, SMU, temple, Tulane, Stony Brook, UMass on tap. Just isn't enough flair for folks. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

You are weird. I do the same darn thing. I show up no matter. Our small crowd was loud and I'm sure it helped a false start. We may only be 15K but we're berserkers..

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

None of those were answers.

Lightning - In the last 5 years, the worst attendance they've had was selling out 97% of the seats FOR THE SEASON.

Bucs - All they have to do is win a little bit and the attendance is in the 60k range.

Rays - I left my house at 5:45pm on Tuesday for the game. I sat down in my seat at 7:45pm. That's the problem for a Rays game that needs an answer.

Preach!  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

7 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

There are 7 opportunities per year to watch the Bulls at home and I try and schedule my life around these games so I can attend every one.  I could give a rats ass who they're playing.  Sure, it's great when FSU comes to town or Wisconsin, but I'm there regardless.  Guess I'm just weird.

You are already a die hard. The question is how to grow the fan base.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

We need an older USF alumni group that are die hards. They need to retire with a lot of money so they can travel back to Tampa for each home game. Sadly, traveling back to Tampa to watch USF play at RJS is not really interesting to a lot of alumni. An OCS will give an excuse for alumni to come back to see the campus.

I am working on it :)

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

You are already a die hard. The question is how to grow the fan base.

I wear the gear, talk to other people about USF football and try and get people to the games.  Not sure what else to do. Time for Harlan and the University to figure this out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

For me personally, I had bought a couple of Brad's season tickets off of him for a couple of years, but some financial issues and living in Orlando at the time forced me not to last season.  The plan was to get them for this season, but moving to Bradenton strapped us again.  It took us 6 moths to sell our house.  So, we had to pay a mortgage and rent.  The goal now is to get them for next season.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Don't mind you butting in here but if you're going to, please don't make up ****. Cincy is not drawing 40K plus .... and that should be telling in regards to the other programs you mentioned.

2016 Houston vs Cincinnati at Nippert Stadium

Attendance- 40,015

Now go have several seats and let the adults continue the discussion.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, cougar king said:

2016 Houston vs Cincinnati at Nippert Stadium

Attendance- 40,015

Now go have several seats and let the adults continue the discussion.

One game does not equate to, "Cincinnati is drawing 40k plus"