• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is an embarrassment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Watched the game with 2 Michigan fans who have no idea about USF.  First thing they mentioned was the lack of attendance.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

12 hours ago, BullDoug said:

A decade of 9-12 win seasons with multi championships will get USF a consistent 30K.  Add the OCS 35K-40K will come.  If Charlie is successful he may be reluctant to move on to the big school with tradition after experiencing UT.  This consistency may be a catalyst to something special.

I truly hope so. I love the fans that show up. USF lacks a connection with Tampa "in general." It drives me up the wall when I turn on the radio and I hear the commercial for the International Diamond Center (in Tampa, mind you) being the official jeweler of FSU Seminoles and UF Gators. Not one peep about the local university, the USF Bulls. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly didn't read the entire thread, but something is broken and it starts with the admin of the university/athletic department.  

- We never capitalized on the early success of the program, that was the time to build an OCS. 

- We lack consistency from a comm, marketing, and outreach standpoint.  Do we get any earned media locally?  Everyone I talk to says it's practically non-existent

- Seems like we lost all connection with the city, local leaders, etc.

- this can be fixed, but it takes a plan, patience, and support.

I feel like this is not rocket science and it perplexed me we can't grow. I hate to say it, but Oviedo tech leveraged buzz and success.  They built a better foundation, better tradition and outreach.  If we don't figure it out, just quit. 

Sorry the  rant, but this is embarrassing.  Since I live out of state and was watching on tv I literally had someone tell me that watts should run stadiums the rest of the game, since no one is there.  

18 minutes ago, cougar king said:

You guys can't use the AAC as an excuse when Houston, Memphis, ECU, Cincinnati and your friends in Orlando are putting 40,000 and more into their stadiums for AAC games. 

I hate to admit it, but this is spot-on. I'm tired of blaming the conference for our attendance woes. It was a Thursday night game, and I had a blast and ensured all my tickets in my allotment were used. Those of us that were there, were loud. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I truly hope so. I love the fans that show up. USF lacks a connection with Tampa "in general." It drives me up the wall when I turn on the radio and I hear the commercial for the International Diamond Center (in Tampa, mind you) being the official jeweler of FSU Seminoles and UF Gators. Not one peep about the local university, the USF Bulls. 

It's all related.  If USF can build its brand, play some real football more than 2 games max a year, win, the buzz would build again.  Then better sponsors.  

If I stay objective, I wouldn't want to watch say a #22 ranked Texas Tech play Temple on a Thursday night either.  Probably not even a #1 ranked Texas Tech play Temple on a Thursday night. It's just boring TV filler.  I watch because I am already a Bulls fan.  The solution is not to beat up people who are already fans or hate on the local community, but make the product more appealing so people buy it.  There was a time when everyone around town suddenly had USF gear on.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,637
  • Days Won:  6

21 minutes ago, cougar king said:

USF needs to be playing on campus asap. Our student section alone has 5 times as many people that showed at that game last night.

Your student section is 75,000 seats?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,345
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, thatBULL said:

Seems like we lost all connection with the city, local leaders, etc.

This^. Remember, our only local sports radio is home of the gaytors.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Can't blame the company they are advertising to those who make up a greater market. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

12 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Hopefully the Gold & Diamond Source will be the official jeweler of the Bulls once they win a conference championship 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Can't blame the company they are advertising to those who make up a greater market. 

Not blaming them at all, it's just indicative of a greater problem--Tampa and USF don't connect. It's really an odd cultural thing. I've got no other way to describe it.