• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If people want to go to campus, they can go to campus no matter where the games are being played at.  If you don't want to drive, take Uber.  As Bourbon Bull has said, it's really not that far.  When I'm in town, I always love stopping by campus (even by myself, but also sometimes with my kids if they're with me on the trip) and seeing what's new around.  That there is an on-campus Beef's (problem is, they don't serve alcohol until the evening) is even more of a reason to stop in.  The bookstore is WAY better now than when I was in school.  

If something is truly a priority for you, you make it happen.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Yes it's an excellent reason,  when "going back to campus " isn't important to you.

I think it's more important for the current students living on campus than the alumni.

You will have students that don't attend the game but they will tailgate with friends. They will pass all the tailgaters around campus and deal with the game traffic. 

All of the game day activity being on campus is important to peak the interest of those living on campus. As for getting current on campus resident involved and interested in football, some alumni visiting the campus sometime during a game weekend doesn't have the same effect as everyone being there on the campus tailgating. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Gismo said:

I think it's more important for the current students living on campus than the alumni.

You will have students that don't attend the game but they will tailgate with friends. They will pass all the tailgaters around campus and deal with the game traffic. 

All of the game day activity being on campus is important to peak the interest of those living on campus. As for getting current on campus resident involved and interested in football, some alumni visiting the campus sometime during a game weekend doesn't have the same effect as everyone being there on the campus tailgating. 

BINGO!  ↑  WINNER!  WINNER!  PUBLIX CHICKEN DINNER!

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think people will ever agree on here regarding an OCS. I think it helps that's all.

I honestly believe it will drive spirit and student attendance (you don't have to plan to go on campus you just walk or Uber from nearby apt in just a few min).

I believe it will bring alumni back to campus. I don't see reasons to go back and be nastalgic during a football game, but others do.  We just have different opinions.  I think fraternities/sororities will leverage housing for reunions, as will colleges, etc. 

We always bring up programs with off campus stadiums, but forget the fact that they have several more generations of fans than we do.  

Many will disagree, which is great as they are green and gold glasses - I wish everyone did.  However, an OCS will build spirit/traditions, and if done right a better revenue stream than what we have (stadium, parking, apparel and donations).  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Those who care about USF and want to see how it looks now. That is one thing the ocs would do .... force alumni on campus who apparently don't give a crap about going otherwise. I think that is definitely a positive but don't know how much of one.

Bingo

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, deadudea said:

Sure, but who would want to wander around campus for no reason?

I do it once a year. Usually, there is so much change going on I will typically find something new to see. Walking around gives me great memories to consider. Perhaps it's my age and the fact I don't live anywhere near Tampa, but it's not a full USF game experience unless I get a little time to walk around the campus. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

A lot.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

And while SMU may have a great donor base (don't know if that is true or not) and an on campus stadium they don't really pack 'em in on game day.  I'm not against an OCS but it should be make sense financially before it is done. It would be a closer drive for us. As for being on campus, we aren't graduates but are probably on campus 40 times a year so between MBB, WBB and baseball.  We occasionally notice a new building if we come in a different entrance.  But, not being alums, we don't get all warm and fuzzy over it. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Care to share the source of your information?

No. I don't care.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

3 hours ago, Polkcountybull said:

The best reason of all for an OCS.  The end of that nonsense.

You mean that we would never supply anyone with actual attendance and only announce tickets distributed?