• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Would they be actual or announced?

The best reason of all for an OCS.  The end of that nonsense.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

I fly in for several home games each season.  Always stay at the Hyatt on westshore.  I haven't been back to campus in several years.  It would be great staying at a hotel on or near campus.  Have breakfast at the UC before the game.  Maybe head over to my fraternity house to have some early tailgating beverages.  (When I was at usf we didn't have football of fraternity houses)

Having an extra 35,000 alums on campus several times a year would do great things for our school and have a tremendous effect on the local university economy

42 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Amazing that some refuse to believe this.  This alone is justification for an OCS.    

Some refuse to believe this on several levels ..... one, because it's inferring that there are thousands and thousands of USF alumni not going to games because of where they're being played and there's been nothing presented to evidence that. Another is that there's been nothing brought forward to show that it would do "great things for our school" ...... whatever "great things" mean. Lots of ambitious rhetoric about an ocs with no hard facts to back them up.

Again, I am not against an ocs, if it's going to definitively improve USF's football position in a concrete way while being financially feasible. Most of what I'm hearing is that current fans will feel better going to games if the stadium's on campus and in our colors ..... and maybe buy more souvenirs there than RayJay.

39 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Would they be actual or announced?

37 minutes ago, Polkcountybull said:

The best reason of all for an OCS.  The end of that nonsense.

Not sure if it's the best reason but it will definitely be high on the list ....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

38 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

So the games being played at the RJ is a reason not to stay in a hotel near, or on the campus?

I'd say that's an excellent reason. Much like I stay at the beach when I go to beach.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

43 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

So the games being played at the RJ is a reason not to stay in a hotel near, or on the campus?

I was going to ask the same thing.  We drive further than the drive from campus to Ray Jay to get to Ray Jay.  So it sounds like people would rather stay away from campus and then complain that they don't go on campus.  If only there was a basketball arena on campus.  I realize that people aren't flying in for basketball games.  But stay at the hotel in front of campus and drive to Ray Jay. Not that long of a drive.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I was going to ask the same thing.  We drive further than the drive from campus to Ray Jay to get to Ray Jay.  So it sounds like people would rather stay away from campus and then complain that they don't go on campus.  If only there was a basketball arena on campus.  I realize that people aren't flying in for basketball games.  But stay at the hotel in front of campus and drive to Ray Jay. Not that long of a drive.

Sure, but who would want to wander around campus for no reason?

2 minutes ago, deadudea said:

Those who care about USF and want to see how it looks now. That is one thing the ocs would do .... force alumni on campus who apparently don't give a crap about going otherwise. I think that is definitely a positive but don't know how much of one.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Those who care about USF and want to see how it looks now. That is one thing the ocs would do .... force alumni on campus who apparently don't give a crap about going otherwise. I think that is definitely a positive but don't know how much of one.

Personally, aimlessly exploring a college campus doesn't appeal to me. If there was a reason to be there, with a lot of other alumni, it would make more sense to revisit stomping grounds. By yourself? Not so much.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

10 minutes ago, deadudea said:

So the only reason to be on campus is to tailgate?  If that is the case, then what is the sense in that?  Some are saying that we need to get more people on campus.  Some of those people are aware that they haven't been to campus yet fly into Tampa for the football game and avoid going to campus.  Just a little confused I guess.

8 minutes ago, deadudea said:

Personally, aimlessly exploring a college campus doesn't appeal to me. If there was a reason to be there, with a lot of other alumni, it would make more sense to revisit stomping grounds. By yourself? Not so much.

And you're definitely not alone. The question is, bottom line, will forcing you, and others, to revisit stomping grounds turn into increased donor contributions. This is research they have to be doing ...