• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I think you might be surprised by how many Alumni / season ticket holders haven't been on campus since they graduated. I know a few that have no clue about the improvements in the last 25 - 30 years.

But the question is those people are already buying season tickets and, thus, donating but what about the people that don't go to games AND don't go on campus?  Will those people suddenly start going to games and then seeing the campus improvements. I might be a little slow but I don't see how having an on campus stadium gets people that aren't going to football games to start coming to football games.  And, if it does, what do the improvements to the campus have to do with getting them to football games?  If there were people that visit the campus now and don't go to football games, will seeing the stadium get them to go to football games?  I just don't see the correlation.

People that are going to games might enjoy walking around the campus in the same 95 degree, humid weather that keeps them from going to games now.  But, then again, maybe not.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

But the question is those people are already buying season tickets and, thus, donating but what about the people that don't go to games AND don't go on campus?  Will those people suddenly start going to games and then seeing the campus improvements. I might be a little slow but I don't see how having an on campus stadium gets people that aren't going to football games to start coming to football games.  And, if it does, what do the improvements to the campus have to do with getting them to football games?  If there were people that visit the campus now and don't go to football games, will seeing the stadium get them to go to football games?  I just don't see the correlation.

People that are going to games might enjoy walking around the campus in the same 95 degree, humid weather that keeps them from going to games now.  But, then again, maybe not.

I don't know. Maybe a renewed sense of pride. Maybe they bring someone with them that's impressed with the campus. Maybe it compels them to help some younger family members choose USF...  

One thing I do know for a fact, we won't know without one.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

On 8/14/2017 at 2:48 PM, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Stop, stop being realistic.

How many times have we heard bullspeners say they don't buy parking passes (donation aka as revenue for USF) because they use cheaper lots.  Odds are they would continue to do the same at an OCS.

How many don't buy season tickets because...they save money by buying from secondary sources?  Is going to an OCS really going to increase their donations to the Bulls Club?

NAS making some valid points here. These are peeps that are more-or-less active posters here, and they're not even indicative of the "average" USF fan that's oblivious that the Bullspen exists. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

NAS making some valid points here.

Next you're going to tell dogs and cats are getting along. Armageddon can't be far off now...

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

37 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Next you're going to tell dogs and cats are getting along. Armageddon can't be far off now...

Ned may be our board curmudgeon, but he makes some thoughtful posts more often than not. :ph34r:

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

59 minutes ago, charsibb said:

Best line in the whole movie

IMG_1586.JPG

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, charsibb said:

That actually happens after Armageddon ... not before.  

:2cents:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

HARLAN ANNOUNCES STAFF REORGANIZATION AND ADDITION

Current Athletics Chief Financial Officer Yulander Wells will move into a newly developed position as Senior Associate Athletics Director for Administration, a role in-part focused on strategic planning for Athletics and oversight of key infrastructure projects. Wells will oversee Athletics' units of Equipment and Information Technology as well as management of USF's Under Armour relationship, football scheduling, and game contracts. He will also be the sport supervisor for Baseball and Men's Soccer.

LINK

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

CSU students claimed more than 7,000 of the 10,000 seats available to them on the first day of distribution for the first game at the school's new on-campus stadium, school officials said Wednesday.

Weak ..... if they really wanted an ocs, they all should have been snapped up the first day.