• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

We already have that with Coach Jose Fernandez and company.

but you don't in men's basketball. I attended a Memphis @ USF game and that place was a tomb. I feel like USF is missing an opportunity with men's basketball.

I feel the same about Memphis women's basketball. The field house is actually on the UofM main campus and I feel like a good women's hoops program is a great chance to get alumni back on campus for games.

Memphis' on campus field house:

12-tiger-invite-arena-570x275.jpg

Edited by UofMemphis
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, thatBULL said:

I've always said that this is a big deal, but many have strongly disagreed with me. Football could bring so many back to the campus, relive/reflect on their youth, see the changes, feel pride, buy more stuff, and hopefully donate.  

I'll be honest I've never bought USF merch at ray jay. I fly in, go to the game, go out that night, and fly home. If I need something I'll go to a mall or order online. Nearly every basketball game I've been to as an alumn (out of state) Ialways buy gear/merch. 

I do the opposite. When I fly in I stay at one of the hotels near the campus, walk around the campus, go to the bookstore and spend, and then get a bite at Beefs. It's almost a ritual for me. This year I am brining my daughter who is taking a tour and considering USF for her college in two years. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

5 hours ago, thatBULL said:

I'll be honest I've never bought USF merch at ray jay. I fly in, go to the game, go out that night, and fly home. If I need something I'll go to a mall or order online. Nearly every basketball game I've been to as an alumn (out of state) Ialways buy gear/merch. 

So, I have a question.  When you buy stuff when you go to basketball games, do you buy it at the Sundome?  If so, why wouldn't you buy it at Ray Jay?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Definitely commend you for this.  I just know that those I know don't, maybe we are in the minority.  I just think an OCS drives more people to the campus.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

Best place for an OCS is definitely the area across from MOSI. The study came to the same conclusion, I'm just giving it a nod of approval.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Likely because bball isn't the atmosphere that football is - less crowd, easier to carry stuff, and the location is central.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I fly in for several home games each season.  Always stay at the Hyatt on westshore.  I haven't been back to campus in several years.  It would be great staying at a hotel on or near campus.  Have breakfast at the UC before the game.  Maybe head over to my fraternity house to have some early tailgating beverages.  (When I was at usf we didn't have football of fraternity houses)

Having an extra 35,000 alums on campus several times a year would do great things for our school and have a tremendous effect on the local university economy

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Start small and build up.   Too bad we can not use the Florida State loophole by putting classrooms attached to the stadium.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

I fly in for several home games each season.  Always stay at the Hyatt on westshore.  I haven't been back to campus in several years.  It would be great staying at a hotel on or near campus.  Have breakfast at the UC before the game.  Maybe head over to my fraternity house to have some early tailgating beverages.  (When I was at usf we didn't have football of fraternity houses)

Having an extra 35,000 alums on campus several times a year would do great things for our school and have a tremendous effect on the local university economy

Amazing that some refuse to believe this.  This alone is justification for an OCS.    

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

4 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Amazing that some refuse to believe this.  This alone is justification for an OCS.    

Please don't be ridiculous.  No one "refuses" to believe this.  That's the best reason to build an OCS, hands down.

What some (including myself) do not believe, because no one can seem to prove, is that it makes a difference or puts us over the top in consideration for a P5 conference, to the point where THAT is the reason to get one done NOW.  

Edited by GaUSFBull
  • Upvote 1