• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

12 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Whether we want to admit or not our administration has a history of dragging their feet.

how long where we in Big East with poor facilities? 

Other schools with less resources than us have moved on built on campus stadiums. Some in our own conferences are moving ahead with IPF.

you want to keep ignoring that we are in a race with others and we are moving way too slow. But don't be surprised when others are picked ahead of us for expansion and we are left behind with the dregs.

Fair point, but this administration's focus on academics and research has been outstanding. I don't fault them for making that their primary focus, and in my opinion, academics and research should always come before football facilities and it's not even close. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

44 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Fair point, but this administration's focus on academics and research has been outstanding. I don't fault them for making that their primary focus, and in my opinion, academics and research should always come before football facilities and it's not even close. 

And I never said it should be the other way around. But one does not mean they can't work on the other. Others have done it why can't we?

Edited by Cubanbull

I would love to see a poll or study on how many of our season football ticket holders have been on campus in same year?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

I've always said that this is a big deal, but many have strongly disagreed with me. Football could bring so many back to the campus, relive/reflect on their youth, see the changes, feel pride, buy more stuff, and hopefully donate.  

I'll be honest I've never bought USF merch at ray jay. I fly in, go to the game, go out that night, and fly home. If I need something I'll go to a mall or order online. Nearly every basketball game I've been to as an alumn (out of state) Ialways buy gear/merch. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Whether we want to admit or not our administration has a history of dragging their feet.

how long where we in Big East with poor facilities? 

Other schools with less resources than us have moved on built on campus stadiums. Some in our own conferences are moving ahead with IPF.

you want to keep ignoring that we are in a race with others and we are moving way too slow. But don't be surprised when others are picked ahead of us for expansion and we are left behind with the dregs.

yeah, it's gotten to the point where an IPF is required if you want to get decent recruits.

Memphis had been raising money for one but ran into a major issue. Most of the donations were spread out over 5-6 years and we didn't want to wait that long for the money to roll in. We decided to take out a 10 million dollar loan and to play a 'buy game' to get it done.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/basketball/2017/08/03/memphis-president-david-rudd-announces-name-new-mens-hoops-practice-facility/536931001/

The University of Memphis is taking on $10 million in debt to begin construction on its new indoor practice facility for football.  

During a specially called meeting Thursday, the Board of Trustees approved $10 million in debt financing from the Tennessee State School Bond Authority to begin phase one construction of the indoor practice facility. The total project is expected to cost $10.6 million

Memphis also announced we will pay at Purdue in 2020 for 750,000 dollars.

The University of Memphis football team will play at Purdue in 2020, deputy director of athletics Mark Alnutt confirmed Friday afternoon.

Alnutt also confirmed that the Boilermakers will pay Memphis a $750,000 guarantee for the game, as FBSchedules.com reported. It will be the first meeting between the two schools in football.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/college/memphis-tigers/football/2017/08/11/memphis-football-play-purdue-2020/560104001/

it will all be worth it in a year or so when it opens.

21391.jpg?maxWidth=800&maxHeight=600

Edited by UofMemphis
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

I've always said that this is a big deal, but many have strongly disagreed with me. Football could bring so many back to the campus, relive/reflect on their youth, see the changes, feel pride, buy more stuff, and hopefully donate.  

I'll be honest I've never bought USF merch at ray jay. I fly in, go to the game, go out that night, and fly home. If I need something I'll go to a mall or order online. Nearly every basketball game I've been to as an alumn (out of state) Ialways buy gear/merch. 

Same here and I'm a die hard USF grad. Graduated in 82 have season tickets from the start. Can count in one hand number of times I have been on campus since 82

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

You should visit. The money spent on shrubbery and general landscape and beautification could fund a stadium.  I think that is done with state money though. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Same here and I'm a die hard USF grad. Graduated in 82 have season tickets from the start. Can count in one hand number of times I have been on campus since 82

Same boat, graduated in 06 and 08, left the state in 2010.  The airport and hotels are near ray jay, so don't go back often.  I know I should, but we always have after game plans that center around being near the water. 

I guarantee a stadium would generate more revenue, whether the revenue is enough to make the debt payment is based on fundraising, scheduling, performance, and marketing.  I just know they would sell more merch, get more students to games, and build pride.  

Early games at every university are a problem, watch the student sections - they fill up late, but with us that can't happen as you have to drive/park/etc.

I'll continue to beat this drumb, but the athletic department needs to expand its ask for donations.  I know they focus on whales, but they need to work to expand the base so donations grow with the program.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, Brad said:

You should visit. The money spent on shrubbery and general landscape and beautification could fund a stadium.  I think that is done with state money though. 

Wait until you see the nifty new fence ....