• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

On 8/9/2017 at 10:17 PM, Joe said:

Pitt an in an on campus stadium when they were winning championships with Heisman type guys...

19 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Who besides Tony Dorsett (40 plus years ago) was a Heisman guy?

2 hours ago, MMW said:

I think the wording was "Heisman type guy" like Dan Marino.   Pitt did have quite a few and they even one the NC in 76 I believe.  They have a solid history.

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Ancient History!

Joe was referring to Pitt during their heyday.  It seems you are having some trouble keeping up with the context of the conversation.

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, macphisto said:

Financing is a problem.  How much can be donated?  How much would need to be bonded?  Bonding out $100M for 20 years would be very manageable long term.  That means you need to raise at least $100M and have a plan for cost overages.

If I read the future right and my lotto numbers are correct, then the OCS fund will be getting off to a BULLSTRONG start.

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness
Don't know what that random 1 is there

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

My two cents on why this must happen at USF.

The other schools that are competitive with USF in the next round of realignment have all invested in their facilities.

Houston new stadium

Colorado State new stadium

UC major renovations

UCF has been improving their stadium

Tulane new stadium 

USF has been perceived as not being all in with supporting the program. This line has been heard repeatedly from coaches and newscasters. If USF waits until there is realignment moves it may be too late. The school and administration should have learned from the last Big12 talks where we were not a slam dunk and were perceived to be on the outside.

this would be a signal to the Big12 that USF is willing to step Big with quality and would put us back in the front seat of additions.

In my book the administration has no choice but to move on this or we might as well start thinking Sunbelt or 1AA

+10000

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, jg233 said:

+10000

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

My two cents on why this must happen at USF.

The other schools that are competitive with USF in the next round of realignment have all invested in their facilities.

Houston new stadium

Colorado State new stadium

UC major renovations

UCF has been improving their stadium

Tulane new stadium 

USF has been perceived as not being all in with supporting the program. This line has been heard repeatedly from coaches and newscasters. If USF waits until there is realignment moves it may be too late. The school and administration should have learned from the last Big12 talks where we were not a slam dunk and were perceived to be on the outside.

this would be a signal to the Big12 that USF is willing to step Big with quality and would put us back in the front seat of additions.

In my book the administration has no choice but to move on this or we might as well start thinking Sunbelt or 1AA

Bingo

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

37 minutes ago, jg233 said:

+10000

X infinity 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I don't know, I'd tack some of that on the administration... but I'm a hard grader.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

4 hours ago, macphisto said:

There are several sources of revenue you get when you have an OCS.  Tickets, concessions, and parking revenue are the biggest ones.  USF currently pays over $1M a year to the Sports Authority for usage between the raw lease fee and the ticket surcharges.  They are also probably losing out on $3M+ a year on food revenues which likely generate around $1.5-1.8M in net profits pure year in food sales (food cost is super low at stadiums while labor cost likely runs 15% or less due to volume).  There's likely another $1M per year in parking revenue.  Advertising revenue also factors.  The signage around the stadium would generate revenue as would the naming rights.  UCF gets $1 million per year for naming rights.  That number could be higher IF USF can maintain a national ranking for any length of time.

An OCS could likely generate an additional $12-20M+ per year in profit for the program for just football activities.  Concerts, bowl games, and other charged usage for the stadium increase that - except you also have maintenance costs to factor in.  Operational expenses as well - because the power & water bills are probably not a small things.

On the plus side, I could see what is currently the St. Petersburg Bowl relocating and actually being played on campus in a proper football stadium.

Financing is a problem.  How much can be donated?  How much would need to be bonded?  Bonding out $100M for 20 years would be very manageable long term.  That means you need to raise at least $100M and have a plan for cost overages.

Financing, maintenance, operating expenses.  Sure there would be more revenues, but how many more expenses?  The net difference it what is important, not the revenue amount.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I'd like to refer to a lesser known accounting concept referred to as "goodwill", we might be able to spin it?  

:roflmao:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

I'd like to refer to a lesser known accounting concept referred to as "goodwill", we might be able to spin it?  

:roflmao:

That's where we buy our furniture.