• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Fair enough. Yes, the program changed quite a bit throughout those years. 

My grandfather attended games in the 80's but would never go in the late 90's / early 2000's because it was too rowdy. It was a true college football experience. 

Perfect example that you can have a great atmosphere without an OCS during those special seasons. However, I'm of the belief that you will find much more consistency with an OCS. Keep in mind, even when Miami was packing the place, a vast majority of those fans weren't Alums and rarely had any direct association with the University. 

I don't think I've ever heard someone say the reason they didn't go to games at the Orange Bowl was because it just "too good" of a college football experience. That's a new one for me.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I don't think I've ever heard someone say the reason they didn't go to games at the Orange Bowl was because it just "too good" of a college football experience. That's a new one for me.

We are talking about the Silent Generation demo here. Not necessarily your prototypical fan in today's era. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

No one has the time to moderate the personal attacks.  Stay on topic and don't make the debate a trade of insults. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

13 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

What has USF done to show a long-term commitment to growing the program? 

This is probably the best question I've seen in regards to the argument for an OCS now.  I guess it depends on who's asking, but who needs to be shown a long-term commitment?  

If it's the fans, they've done this every year through marketing, Fan Fest, the different get-togethers they host with the coaches ... hell, the fact they hired Charlie Strong demonstrates they're not playing around with football.

If it's for P5 teams, I disagree that an OCS is a pre-requisite to being in one of those conferences.  There just isn't any evidence that that's the case, despite the legion of people on this site insisting that it's so.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202
  • Days Won:  0

How did Colorado State build that awesome looking stadium? I mean they are in the Mountain West Conference, so not Power 5. If they can do it, why not us???

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

10 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

This is probably the best question I've seen in regards to the argument for an OCS now.  I guess it depends on who's asking, but who needs to be shown a long-term commitment?  

If it's the fans, they've done this every year through marketing, Fan Fest, the different get-togethers they host with the coaches ... hell, the fact they hired Charlie Strong demonstrates they're not playing around with football.

If it's for P5 teams, I disagree that an OCS is a pre-requisite to being in one of those conferences.  There just isn't any evidence that that's the case, despite the legion of people on this site insisting that it's so.

I don't know why you're so against an OCS.  We raised over a billion dollars for the Unstoppable campaign, certainly we can raise $200 mil for an awesome new stadium.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

I don't know why you're so against an OCS.  We raised over a billion dollars for the Unstoppable campaign, certainly we can raise $200 mil for an awesome new stadium.  

I am convinced that it is all a C. Florida thing.  Gawd forbid if we don't have a stadium 10x as good as theirs.  If we built the exact same stadium as C. Florida, attendance would go up, alumni support would go up....  but people on this board would lose their minds and talk about how they are going to cancel their season tickets and such.  Too bad C Florida U could have not kept playing in the Citrus Bowl, perhaps we would have had an OCS by now and no one would be complaining.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

we need an OCS to keep up with the Jones and to engage students. I was a student during USFs peak under Levitt and we had RayJay filled. Students were engaged, everyone was excited. Thousands of new lifetime fans. Then we had multiple years of bad football and students were not engaged. Those fans are lost for life. If we could fill RayJay it rocks. Otherwise, it sucks. I think an OCS will help engage the students and build a fanbase. Help with academic recruitment and help shed the urban commuter school label. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

21 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

I love ya, my Bulls brother, but you hear what you want to hear.  I'm all for an OCS at the right time and the right way, meaning let's get the funds and let's build it.  

I'm not an "OCS at all costs" guy like you and others.  I don't believe an OCS magically increases attendance and cures all the ills of the program that exist.  It will improve gameday experience, sure, but that alone isn't holding back USF from anything ambitious that it's looking to do.  

You say I'm against an OCS, when I'm anything but.  I just live in reality as to what it would mean and do for USF if we were to actually have one.