• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just catching up with this thread ... to recap:

1.  So it's confirmed, Turd Ferguson fits in very well with a wide amount of posters on TBP based on his views of a on-campus stadium for USF.
  2.  Turd also answers questions with logical fallacies and a multitude of other irrelevant questions.
  3.  Turd failed to provide any facts, or linked articles, that show definitively that the consensus is that USF is a "rinky-dink" program because it doesn't play in an OCS.  I can only assume that Turd has formed his opinion based on long hours of reading UCF message boards.
  4. When presented with facts that multiple teams have found success playing in off-campus stadiums, all of a sudden, it's a tired, "legless" example.  Ok, bro ... just because you said so.

TBP is always entertaining.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

The Turd is always right.  When you feel it, you have to deal with it. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

39 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

You can facepalm all you'd like.  I disagree with your opinion.  You have no idea if SDSU would be any more successful if they had an OCS.  Again, almost every team in the AAC has an OCS and they are exactly in the same boat that we are.  Explain that please.

Also, the game day experience has no effect on the team and there is no evidence that an OCS would increase attendance.  Winning increases attendance, winning improves the game day experience, winning affects the perception of the team.

Obviously, you are firm in your opinion, so we'll just have to disagree.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: (just kidding)

Fair enough.  Coach Strong clearly disagrees with you, as do I.

"mu

26 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Just catching up with this thread ... to recap:

1.  So it's confirmed, Turd Ferguson fits in very well with a wide amount of posters on TBP based on his views of a on-campus stadium for USF.
  2.  Turd also answers questions with logical fallacies and a multitude of other irrelevant questions.
  3.  Turd failed to provide any facts, or linked articles, that show definitively that the consensus is that USF is a "rinky-dink" program because it doesn't play in an OCS.  I can only assume that Turd has formed his opinion based on long hours of reading UCF message boards.
  4. When presented with facts that multiple teams have found success playing in off-campus stadiums, all of a sudden, it's a tired, "legless" example.  Ok, bro ... just because you said so.

TBP is always entertaining.  

Multiple teams = teams you can count on one hand.  Strong -- very strong.

Just discount the FACT that 99% of college football programs have their very own stadium.  That holds no relevance whatsoever.  

2 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Just discount the FACT that 99% of college football programs have their very own stadium.  That holds no relevance whatsoever.  

It doesn't.  It sure makes me glad you're able to see that.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

What does vision have to do with it? If USF had the money, USF would have an OCS.

1 minute ago, George Jenkins said:

What does vision have to do with it? If USF had the money, USF would have an OCS.

Where are all these other schools getting the money?   If they were dead set on having an OCS, they'd have the funds.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

So, do you think we'd be ranked higher in the polls than we are now if we had an OCS?  UM played in one of the crappiest off campus stadiums during their heyday. Pitt plays in an off-campus stadium and got invited to the ACC.  Just about every other team in the AAC play in an on-campus stadium and they're in the same exact boat that we are.  You're going to have to give me more that your own speculation on how USF playing in Ray Jay affects how we are perceived by the rest of the NCAA world to convince me that USF needs one the be successful.

The Orange Bowl was one of, if not the best atmosphere in college football at the time. 

We shouldn't compare ourselves to the rest of the AAC. That's how you get stuck in G5 purgatory. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Turd Ferguson said:

Where are all these other schools getting the money?   If they were dead set on having an OCS, they'd have the funds.

Decades of football tradition, wealthy alumni and state legislatures funneling them money?

Just now, IBulleve said:

We shouldn't compare ourselves to the rest of the AAC. That's how you get stuck in G5 purgatory. 

Last I checked, we were already there, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't because we were comparing ourselves to anything.