• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, JTrue said:

What's he doing the other 13 days?

Dealing with North Korea, Fund raising, meditating about something useful and pissing on every UCiF building ever created.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I can only speak for myself.  But the reason we became larger donors was exactly because of the people at the Bulls Club and the relationship we built with people like Eric, Joe, Vicki, and too many to mention since then.  We were in that smaller donor base that you talk about. Enjoyed getting to know the people in the Bulls Club and bumped up our donation because of that.  I've offered to be a rep for the Bulls Club numerous times to call smaller donors and to meet them for lunch just to thank them and give them some contact and appreciation from USF Athletics.  This goes back to the former AD and there seems to be no interest on their part.  

I agree 100%, but we can fundraise with in a larger scale then assign them to relationship managers.  I still think we likely leave hundreds of thousands if not a million plus on the table by simply not asking enough people.  Just my take

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

I agree 100%, but we can fundraise with in a larger scale then assign them to relationship managers.  I still think we likely leave hundreds of thousands if not a million plus on the table by simply not asking enough people.  Just my take

Not clear on what you are saying.  Just send out a mass email (or regular mail) and ask people for more money?  

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  202

This is a step in the right direction. We will see what happens from here.... Go Bulls!!!

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

37 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Not clear on what you are saying.  Just send out a mass email (or regular mail) and ask people for more money?  

To be fair, this is literally what other schools do. I get fundraising updates, encouragements, incentives, and regular e-mails from my other alma mater (big money school) and very little from USF.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406

34 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Not more money, but there is more we can do to increase the size donor base that overtime grows with us.  Look at the number (not just total donation) of the school in Oviedo and its actually larger than ours. 

Should be a surround sound approach to solicit, not just an email or mail. All I'm saying is we don't do a lot (from my view) to reach those that haven't committed or donated before (or in a long time).  

I do think those that worked with thebulls club did a good job building relationships, I'm just saying I think we need to build the base, so they can work the relationships

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

40 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Yes, and a lot of them.

1 minute ago, WWMJD said:

To be fair, this is literally what other schools do. I get fundraising updates, encouragements, incentives, and regular e-mails from my other alma mater (big money school) and very little from USF.

NEVER got one. But, I like the idea.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

On 8/8/2017 at 9:02 AM, Apis Bull said:

It's a step.  It may not be the, "leap" that we'd all like to see, but it is a step.  Fortunately, we are not in, "need" of an OCS, so we can do our due diligence and do it right.

Couldn't possibly disagree more.  The stadium should have been built a decade ago (as some of us said), and most people have woken up to that realization at this stage.  We're in need of a stadium of our own more than ever.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  36

23 hours ago, KB said:

Just say no to artificial turf please.

Costs less.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

17 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Couldn't possibly disagree more.  The stadium should have been built a decade ago (as some of us said), and most people have woken up to that realization at this stage.  We're in need of a stadium of our own more than ever.

Nobody "needs" an on campus stadium. It is firmly in the want category.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3